Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best book for women? Covering science, anabolics, diet? (Not indiv. exercises)

cbcb

Hi - has anyone found a particular book of use - even an e-book, or I guess a section of some Web site, that really covers bodybuilding for women but is not loaded with pix of individual exercises?

Looking for something that talks about how women build muscle, what supplements and anabolics are favored, what dietary approaches are popular and maybe things like timing of supplements during the day and workout times/overall types of exercises (like looking at the role of cardio vs. weights on a certain day, etc.)... but I'm not looking for 'this is how to do an arm curl' ... In a perfect world this would be something that would have plenty of footnotes to scientific research.

So kind of a combo of a basic primer and a bunch of science.

Thanks.

I do like stumptuous.com for basics.

I wouldn't say there is any best book, just keep reading and researching on this forum and you'll be ahead of any book you can find.

Also in general there isn't much specifically about women & anabolics from a medical standpoint because it hasn't been a focus of the medical arena. The information on steroids, etc is changing so much and so much of it is from people who are doing their own "experimentation" -- esp w/ the gov't anti-drug & steroid stance (thx to those heavy creatine users in baseball) any reputble medical research facility would be hard pressed to get funding to better understand that stuff.

cbcb said:
Hi - has anyone found a particular book of use - even an e-book, or I guess a section of some Web site, that really covers bodybuilding for women but is not loaded with pix of individual exercises?

Looking for something that talks about how women build muscle, what supplements and anabolics are favored, what dietary approaches are popular and maybe things like timing of supplements during the day and workout times/overall types of exercises (like looking at the role of cardio vs. weights on a certain day, etc.)... but I'm not looking for 'this is how to do an arm curl' ... In a perfect world this would be something that would have plenty of footnotes to scientific research.

So kind of a combo of a basic primer and a bunch of science.

Thanks.

I do like stumptuous.com for basics.

Best book is Arnolds book in terms of training it covers everything. It is like my bible. :eek:

Cool, that's the Arnold's modern bible of bodybuilding or something like that I bet.. that one's on the way. :)

(Go guv!)

superqt4u2nv said:
Best book is Arnolds book in terms of training it covers everything. It is like my bible. :eek:

Its good and its not good. The diet information is out of date and his style of training and the split he suggest would result in overtraining in 98% of people. If you have the elite genetics of those 2% and enjoy high cortisol levels, then by all means, go for it, but if you do not, don't train that way. (For anyone wondering Arnold recommends training each bodypart 3x week with 20-30 sets per part). The precontest diet seems a bit of a date in the world of drugs and diruetics. Diet/training might get you to 6% bodyfat, but getting to 3% bodyfat and having the appearence of paper thin skin is more in the drugs/diruetics/supplements than it is diet and training.

I will agree its useful for motivation and learning about the history of bodybuilding. I also enjoy all the exercise pictures and descriptions -- when I swithch up a routine and can't think of what exercise I wish to include, I usually pick it up and flip threw it.

Top Bottom