Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Besides ruining your lungs and card system, what else does smoking do ? Ive noticed..

emptywallet

Here lately, Ive been kinda stressed with work and the holidays. I started smoking again. Not heavily, but maybe 3 or 4 cigs a day. Anyway, Ive noticed within the past 2 weeks, I'm alot more vascular all over and my waste is slightly trimmer. All the health hazards aside, does smoking do anything positive for you? Could my loss of bf be because I started smoking again? Anyone kinda see what I'm saying?

I smoke bud, but I usally smoke it for the abilty to eat way more at night then I would otherwise be able to.

nicotine increases erythocyte count? Have you been eating less in the time that you have been smoking?

not really, ive noticed I actually eat slightly more. What exactly does smoking do to your metabolism? Anything?

Nicotine works by binding to a receptor on the surface of endothelial cells that recognizes acetylcholine – a chemical that nerve cells use to communicate with each other. Endothelial cells line the interior of blood vessels throughout the body. These nicotinic acetylcholine receptors were only recently discovered outside the central nervous system and their function is not well understood. The ability of nicotine to modulate the activity of these receptors in the central nervous system renders it a potential therapy for neurologic disorders. Researchers speculate that when nicotine binds to the receptor on endothelial cells it stimulates the cells to release a cascade of chemicals that promote the formation of new blood vessels. The new vessels then deliver oxygen and nutrients to the interior of tumors and plaque deposits. The Stanford researchers were surprised to find how strongly nicotine stimulates new blood vessel growth, a process known as angiogenesis.

Another words, the increase in blood vessels gives the illusion of increased vascualrity, when in reality nicotine slows metabolism and circulation.

Nimrod!!! Nice to see you man. Heard you were gone for awhile!! Hey thanks for turning me on to Mr T!!!!!! He's great!!!!

Yea, I am having some personal problems due to my own stupidity. Im glad I was missed, and Mr. T is the man.

The 2001 PDR states that nicotine is a stimulant. Taber's cyclopedic medical dictionary lists nicotine as one as the most toxic substances known to man 60mgs will kill as fast as cyanide. Smoking will kill approx 500,000 americans this year. If no one smoked every other hospital bed in the nation would be vacant states the CDC in Alanta GA. Nicotine is being studied for use in various mental disorders as well as some conditions concerning the bowel. Smokeing makes the platlets very sticky, this is not good for the heart and circulatory system. Cig smoke contains carbon monoxide which binds to the hemoglobin with an affinty 200 times greater than oxygen. I won't get into cancer except to say that cig smoke contains over 200 known carcinogens.:redhot:

Top Bottom