Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

arimidex caused gyno

Warmachine

been doing a little research into why my gyno gets worse no matter how much arimidex(liquidex) i use. Even when using JUST arimides with NO other drugs my gyno grew noticably.

anyway here is what i found:

Anastrozole or Arimidex's side effects are similar to megestrol's, with one exception - there is less weight gain. The side effects include ENLARGED BREASTS, phlebitis of veins, hair loss, blood clots in the lungs, and carpal tunnel syndrome
-www. virtualdrugstore.com

will respond with studies/abstracts if i can

all feedback wellcome

KNOW WHAT YOURE USING AND WHAT IT CAN DO TO YOU!

LOL..Bro,it's used as an anti-cancer treatment for breast cancer.If it contributed to growth of mammary tissue,it would have been pulled off the market long ago.You could be suffering from some feedback loop mechanism which might be elevating T levels,but it's not the anastrozole directly causing it,it's your own endogenous machinery.

huck, do you think either nolva or femara could cause this same feedback loop in me? i would hate to have to abandon test because no anti aromatase works for me

also-have a hard time finding studies on MEN using arimidex
interesting info-arimidex does not cause significant increase in bone metabolism

i believe i read on here that gyno could be caused by elavated IGF-1
when i posted on this i was told that arimidex lowered IGF-1, but this is what i found:

Short-term effects of anastrozole treatment on insulin-like growth factor system in postmenopausal advanced breast cancer patients.

Ferrari L, Martinetti A, Zilembo N, Pozzi P, Buzzoni R, La Torre I, Gattinoni L, Catena L, Vitali M, Celio L, Seregni E, Bombardieri E, Bajetta E.

Nuclear Medicine, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori of Milan, Via G. Venezian, 1, 20133 Milan, Italy.

Insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) play a fundamental role in cancer development by acting in both an endocrinal and paracrinal manner, and hormone breast cancer treatments affect the IGF system by modifying circulating growth factor levels. We evaluated total IGF-1, IGF-2, IGF binding protein (IGFBP)-1 and IGFBP-3 in the blood of 34 postmenopausal advanced breast cancer patients (median age 63 years, range 41-85) treated with anastrozole, a non-steroidal structure aromatase inhibitor (NSS-AI). The plasma samples were obtained at baseline, and after 2, 4, 8 and 12 weeks of treatment. The IGFs were quantitated by means of sensitive radioimmunoassays (RIAs). IGF-1 significantly increased during anastrozole treatment (baseline versus 12 weeks, P=0.031), IGF-2 showed a trend towards an increase, and IGFBP-1 constantly but not significantly decreased; IGFBP-3 did not seem to be affected at all. The anastrozole-induced changes in IGFs and IGFBP-1 appeared to be different in the patients receiving a clinical benefit from those observed in non-responders. We have previously shown that letrozole (a different type of NSS-AI) modifies blood IGF-1 levels, and the results of this study of the biological effects of anastrozole on the components of the IGF system confirm our previous observations.

PMID: 11983488 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Again:

). IGF-1 significantly increased during anastrozole treatment (baseline versus 12 weeks, P=0.031), IGF-2 showed a trend towards an increase,

huck, could you explain how IGF-1 can aggravate gyno ?
thanks for all your help!

try FEMARA first.. they are different.. and as with anything everyone reacts a bit differently to each.. there have been a few reports of aggravation.. switching helped..
this likely goes both ways (or really three ways since you have exemstane as well)

thanks again for everyones help

damn, i wish i could just ask a doctor and be told through what mechanism my gyno was being caused...as it is i have to taste test everything

for my next cycle i plan on using only a low amount of test, trying eq for the first time and if all gos well not need anti aromatase drugs
i will have on hand both nolva and femara-expensive but cheaper then gyno surgery!

Warmachine said:
also-have a hard time finding studies on MEN using arimidex
interesting info-arimidex does not cause significant increase in bone metabolism

The reason you will have a difficult time finding studies done on men is because breast cancer in men is uncommon. You will find many tests reporting on the same compounds we use to prevent gyno because cancer cells growing in the mammary glands of women is similar to gynocomastia occuring in men. The same compounds are used to prevent the mammary glands from growing.

Another suggestion, if you already have gyno and it got worse last cycle I suggest running 20-40mg of Nolvadex ED. It is usually not recommended to take Nolvadex until you get "symptoms" but in your case you already have it and don't want it to get worse.

FYI - my gains did not slow at all last cycle when I started taking Nolvadex.

Top Bottom