Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone use trisoleran

macrophage69alpha said:

yes the tradename is meladinina the drug is methoxsalen.. the drug in trisoralen is trioxasalen

Hey macro, what's the difference between Trisoralen and Oxsoralen? (Is there any reason to pick one over the other)

Re: anyone use trisoleran

i am gonna bump this thread and see what others say

i just ordered some Oxsoralen.....dont under stand natty sun light is more harmful....

I personally never tan because I am fair skinned. I have seen so many women abuse tanning, and then become as wrinkled as a chain smoker at an early age...

I certainly don't want to speed the aging process up.

poantrex said:
I personally never tan because I am fair skinned. I have seen so many women abuse tanning, and then become as wrinkled as a chain smoker at an early age...

I certainly don't want to speed the aging process up.

ya but tanned muscles look so much better but aging sucks ass :rolleyes:

things i like in all got negative side as well
:rolleyes:

I heave "heard" that some eldery seniors get it prescribed for when going out into the sun. Suppossed to help them deal w/ sun exposure. This is just what I have heard though... I have used "Oxsoralen." This is included in the psoralens family. (Melindinina, Trioxsoralen, ect...) Treatment for Vitiligo. (skin pigmentation disorder) The only negatives I have heard were to watch your dose, and too much can hurt your eyes, and you may get a bad burn, if in the real sun too long. This is ue to "overexposure" of Uv light. I have used, and never had any problems. It was always good. It has made me the most tan I have ever been (without paint on tans) and I have never slightly even burned with using it. My eyes are fine, just take precaution, and understand it is a Rx before you use. BTW,... LIFE R------- carries it. (So I understand)

Feel free to pm me for details on another.

Great well known place for non controlled meds, as Oxsoralen....
This place, I have nothing but good to say. Excellent CS.

Psoralen Family information.

Psoralen and UVA light therapy (PUVA) for psoriasis

Examples

Psoralens

Pills, lotions, or bath salts

methoxsalen
A psoralen medication is taken 1 1/2 to 2 hours before you are exposed to ultraviolet A (UVA) light (PUVA). This treatment is repeated 2 to 3 times a week. The dose of medication is not increased, but the amount of light may be increased.

Goggles should be worn to protect eyes during UVA treatment. Special UVA-blocking glasses should be worn for 24 hours after PUVA therapy. Men should protect their genitals from UVA exposure during treatments.

Psoralens may also be used in a form that can be put into your bath water. This form causes greater sensitivity to UVA than the oral medication, so lower doses of UVA can be used.

How It Works

Psoralens increase the skin's sensitivity to UV light, including sunlight. They are used to improve the effectiveness of UV light therapy for psoriasis.

It is thought that PUVA therapy reduces the excess growth of skin cells. It also weakens the immune system.

Why It Is Used

PUVA is used to treat moderate to severe psoriasis (covering more than 20% of the skin).

PUVA is used to treat psoriasis that has not responded to creams, ointments, or tar products used with UV exposure (phototherapy). It should be used in the lowest doses possible. Higher doses and more exposure increase the risk of skin cancer.

Psoralens should not be used by:

Children under age 12, because the UV light therapy may cause cataracts.
People who have diseases that make their skin more sensitive to sunlight (such as lupus).
Fertile men and women who do not use birth control. There is a small risk of birth defects.
Pregnant women, because of possible effects on developing fetuses. How Well It Works

Many studies have shown that PUVA is effective in treating psoriasis.1

In most cases, the skin clears after 20 to 30 treatments.

Side Effects

Short-term side effects when using PUVA to treat psoriasis include:

Skin redness, headache, nausea, itching.
Burns.
The spread of psoriasis to skin that was not affected before (Koebner's response).
Nausea from the medication. The most significant potential long-term effect of PUVA treatment is squamous cell carcinoma, a type of skin cancer. PUVA treatments with cyclosporine have shown a significant increase in the risk of squamous cell cancer.2

The male genitals are highly susceptible to the cancer-causing effects of both PUVA and UVB therapy. High levels of exposure to UVB carry a higher risk of genital cancers than low levels. Female genitals do not seem to be affected.

Other long-term side effects when using PUVA to treat psoriasis include:

Premature skin damage associated with sun exposure.
Discolored spots on the skin.
Overgrowth of the scaly layer of skin caused by exposure to sunlight (actinic keratosis).
Nonmelanoma skin cancer.
Cataracts. Cataracts may be avoided by wearing sunglasses that block UV light when outdoors. See Drug Reference for a full list of side effects. (Drug Reference is not available in all systems.)

What to Think About

Psoralens applied to the skin (topical) may help to avoid some side effects of PUVA. They may be especially helpful when psoralens taken by mouth (oral) causes severe nausea. Topical psoralens may be used for psoriasis that affects only a small part of the skin.

Topical psoralens, such as those given in bath water, are as effective as oral psoralens. However, if light treatments are given in a doctor's office, they may be less convenient.

See a list of questions to ask your doctor about medications.

Author: Kerry V. Cooke
Kathleen M. Ariss, MS
Last Updated February 28, 2002
Medical Review: Adam Husney, MD - Family Practice
Randall D. Burr, MD - Dermatology

© 1995-2003, Healthwise, Incorporated, P.O. Box 1989, Boise, ID 83701. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Additional:

**As far as I understand it,(psoralens)...although some may vary in strength, they are basically all the same, and are just used under different brand names.

Drugs known as psoralens cause the skin to be excessively sensitive to sunlight. Psoralens include Oxsoralen (methoxsalen or 8-MOP) and Trisoralen (trioxsalen). In addition, some antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin and tetracycline may make the skin more likely to sunburn. If St. John?s wort, which also sensitizes the skin to light, is taken at the same time as another of these sun-sensitizing drugs, the chance of sunburn increases.

Top Bottom