Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone use T3 for speeding up protein synthesis???

MrRTTB

Heard lots of Pro's use T3 at a low dose to speed up the proteinsynthesis while Bulking. Anyone who do this? I thought I would add something like 6.25-12.5mcg per day, and with that bump protein intake even more, what do you say??

I have done it at 12.5 mcg per day. Did not notice much of a difference. But then again i was on alot of gear.

Nautica

i've done 12.5mcg for that. you have to make sure to eat constantly for it to work at adding size. also i only do it when including tren and or 17aa orals....these seem to have a strong effect that counters any muscle loss from the t-3.

it does cut into water retention somewhat, so you won't see as big an instant "gain" off stuff like anadrol.

Heard lots of Pro's use T3 at a low dose to speed up the proteinsynthesis while Bulking

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. It's true that T3 increases protein synthesis. It's also true that T3 increases protein breakdown. The latter always wins out when you supplement with T3. Look at the graphs in figure 3 in this study:

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/85/2/697#R11

The left graph shows protein breakdown as a function of administered T3. The right graph shows protein synthesis. The slope of the line in the left graph is steeper than in the right one. That means for a given T3 dose protein breakdown will always exceed synthesis.

The reason I linked to this study is that it demonstrates that insulin administration lowers the proteolytic effect of T3. The pros bulk with slin and burn fat at the same time with T3. The slin counteracts the catabolic effect of the T3.

nandi12 said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. It's true that T3 increases protein synthesis. It's also true that T3 increases protein breakdown. The latter always wins out when you supplement with T3. Look at the graphs in figure 3 in this study:

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/85/2/697#R11

The left graph shows protein breakdown as a function of administered T3. The right graph shows protein synthesis. The slope of the line in the left graph is steeper than in the right one. That means for a given T3 dose protein breakdown will always exceed synthesis.

The reason I linked to this study is that it demonstrates that insulin administration lowers the proteolytic effect of T3. The pros bulk with slin and burn fat at the same time with T3. The slin counteracts the catabolic effect of the T3.

sweet. karma for u.

Nandi12- off topic. What is your profession? You sure are one hell of a knowledgeable person. I've seen many of your posts and they are always intriguing. Are you involved in the sciences?

Intriguing minds want to know...

SOLID:)

Just pointing out that this study was only done on 6 people, who were hypothyroid in the first place, who were all around 48 years old, who were not on gear.
IMOH this is not a conclusaive study in relation to us as bodybuilders.

(just my opinion)

I forgot to mention...
As of right now, I've been running anavar at 30mg a day for 36 days, with a low dose (25mcg) of t3 every morning. My weight pre-cycle was 174 lbs (5'6) and now I am up to a solid 185 lbs. (I weigh every day, first thing in the morning, on the same scale.)
I have to have to have lost at least one or two pounds of fat (my abs are MUCH better now than before the start of this cycle).
I feel I should point out that I am taking creratine with the var, so I'm sure that is where most of the weight is coming from, however, I feel as though this low dose of t3 has greatly improved my results on this cycle. I am eating small meals preety much every hour, on the hour, which I think is keeping my protein synthesis going full out.
My point is, I would recommend this low dose T3 method for I have gotten great results from it so far.
This is just my own opinion however, take it how you will.

adoniscomplex

As of right now, I've been running anavar at 30mg a day for 36 days

Anabolic steroids will also offset the catabolic effects of T3, but by a different mechanism Here is a link to a study I posted a while back about the combined effects of T3 and testosterone:

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/84/1/207

They took two groups of men, gave one group 50 mcg/day of T3, and the other group got the same 50 mcg plus testosterone enanthate, 200mg/week. They were required to lie in bed for 28 days!

At the end of that period, the T3 group lost an average of 8.6lb, while the T3 + test group lost 2.2lb. Lean body mass in the T3 group declined by 3.3lb while the lean body mass of the T3 + test group increased by 4.4 lbs.

This is lying in bed on only 200mg/week of test, and probably on a poor (by bodybuilding standards) diet.

The group that carried out the insulin and T3 study also carried out another study, Adonis, (albeit again on just six people) under different conditions and arrived at the same conclusion: T3 increases the ability of insulin to inhibit proteolysis. They think this is an adaptive mechanism to reduce muscle wasting in hyperthyroidism:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=7573427&dopt=Abstract

People also seem to adapt to T3 administration in that their nitrogen balance becomes less negative over time. See (1) and figure 2 in the paper linked to above:

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/84/1/207

The group that carried out this and similar studies did not address the mechanism for this. Maybe it is the insulin effect described above.

(1) J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1997 Mar;82(3):765-70

A paradigm of experimentally induced mild hyperthyroidism: effects on nitrogen balance, body composition, and energy expenditure in healthy young men.

Lovejoy JC, Smith SR, Bray GA, DeLany JP, Rood JC, Gouvier D, Windhauser M, Ryan DH, Macchiavelli R, Tulley R.

Top Bottom