Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone on THYROID meds for life?

monstar

Just curious if you have a hard time maintaining muscle since it does eat some? Any down sides to taking it as well? Throw in some more things i should know as well.

Thanks

I take Thyroxine and will have to do so for the rest of my life. It is not through mis-use of meds but is a medical condition I have suffered from for a long time (and only discovered a couple of years ago). I did initialy lose a lot of muscle when I went on the t4 but I was eating very little as my metabolism was so slow I added fat very easily, now my metabolism is up to speed I am eating more than ever and my strength and size are definately coming back.

Taking 175mcg t4 for about a year now. Was still strong and 320 after 8 months. Dieting now and feels like I have less muscle than I thougt I had. Maybe burning more off than I should. Either way down to 273 and startin to see abs.

bigbabybodybuilder said:
Taking 175mcg t4 for about a year now. Was still strong and 320 after 8 months. Dieting now and feels like I have less muscle than I thougt I had. Maybe burning more off than I should. Either way down to 273 and startin to see abs.

Who, that's a hefty dosage. Glad to hear you got the weight down though.

I'm on 30 mcgs of the Armour Thyroid which IMO blows away the synthetic T4. It contains natural T4 T3 and T2. It used to be the standard until the pharm companies hated the fact that they couldn't control a patent on it so they convinced all the doctors to go with the synthetic, which does eat more muscle -- and bone, incidentally.

Nelly, Do you think I should ask my doctor to switch me? It would probably be to about 100mcg of Armour just because there is a much greater response to the t2 and t3 basically the body has much greater affinity.

Top Bottom