Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone take Choline and inositol for anxiety/depression or other reasons?

MrRTTB

Found a suppliement with inositol and choline and thought It would be good for the problems I can get with anxiety and depression. Also It was supposed to help a lot with liver functions so I might throw it in while on an orral cycle. Anyone use suppliements like these?

Alfons said:
Found a suppliement with inositol and choline and thought It would be good for the problems I can get with anxiety and depression. Also It was supposed to help a lot with liver functions so I might throw it in while on an orral cycle. Anyone use suppliements like these?

take inositol on it's own - not with choline.. it's fine for your b-complex to contain choline.. but the inositol/choline preps are usually 50/50..

...the problem is that large doses of choline cause depression.

Anxiety and depression are in many ways, opposite ends of the spectrum. You must understand which you are feeling. I've found Inositol to be a god-send for relieving anxiety (take 4grams with 200mgs of GABA at night and sleep like a baby).

Choline stimulates brain function whch is what you DON'T want if you suffer from anxiety.

No. Anxiety and depression are related. Anxiety can cause depression and depression can cause anxiety.

the reason for staying away from large doses of choline has nothing to do with it being a 'stimulant'. Mild stimulants can be good at treating depression. The reason for staying away from choline is this: large doses of inositol have been found effective in treating depression and anxiety; but large doses of choline have been found to cause depression and anxiety. I forget the reasons.. it's been a long time since I read anything on the subject of inositol.. I haven't visited in ages.. but basically choline acts as a depressant... It is precisely for these reasons that researchers once examined inositol and choline as a possible treatment for manic depression. The researchers found they could stop the manic phase of manic depression with choline, and they could stop the depressive phase of manic depression with inositol..

So stay away from huge doses of choline.

But don't worry if your b-complex contains a few hundred milligrams.

Use inositol on it's own. And stay away from caffeine.

Last edited:
It's possible to have both, but it's possible to have one without the other. Some anti-depressants (esentially stimulants) will aggravate anxiety whereas anxiety meds such as benzos, which have a sedative effect, will worsen depression. But, whatever...don't feel like bickering.

Try the inositol. If nothing else, it's good for your liver.

Ehh, they work for some, i would jsut sue benzos if your anxious buspar proabbly to avoid anxiety and i ahve found thy tend to not worsen derpession but apathy man you don't give a shit when youa re taking benzos

Inositol is widely used as nutritional supplements in treating bulimia, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), agoraphobia, and unipolar and bipolar depression.

Top Bottom