Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone monitor their blood pressure at home?

supertech69

Does anyone do this themselves? Is it hard to do with just a plain arm cuff & has anyone ever priced a digital one that will measure for you? I'm assuming the digital ones would be expensive. I get some nose bleeds (mainly after blowing my nose) & headaches from time to time & can only attribute them to possible blood pressure spikes. Thanx......Supertech

I do. Ditigal are $70-80 at the drug store... probably less online. I got a $22 kit at Eckerd. But the stethescope was so bad I hadda buy a better stethescope at a medical supply store yesterday. With the one that came with the kit, I couldn't even hear my heart through my chest. With the new one its loud and clear. So I think it will work well.

blood pressure machine

yo peeps, I work in a pharmacy and the blood pressure machines range from 50-80 in texas ya heard

I just use you my mom's. :D Not that often, but definitely when on to see the difference in resting HR and BP. (not much of a difference yet, but I've only done light cycles)

I went and bought me one of those 80.00 wall- mart blood pressure machines it seems to work well just make sure you buy the extra large cuff or it wont be accurate.

If you don't want to spend the money just stop by the Eckerds or Walgreens in your area 1-2 times a week. They have a bp machine in the pharmacy waiting area you can use. You may also become friends with the pharmacist and who knows?!?!?!

dodge1 said:
If you don't want to spend the money just stop by the Eckerds or Walgreens in your area 1-2 times a week. They have a bp machine in the pharmacy waiting area you can use. You may also become friends with the pharmacist and who knows?!?!?!

No that thing is way off. Mainly b/c I can barely fit my arm into it. I read that it will cause inaccurate readings if the cuff is not loose enough in the beginning. My BP was something like 144/90 yet the next day at the doc it was 122-80.

Top Bottom