Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone Here Have Trouble Flaring Your Lats?

S

ShowKidd

i cant seem to make the mind to muscle connection to flare my lats, anyone else have this problem??

i can get an extreme burn when i work them out and they will hurt for a few days but when i am in front of the mirror i cant get them to flair. it is aggravating because i see people a lot smaller than me flaring them like nothing.

Ironically, you have to relax your lats somewhat in order for them to flare. If you tighten them too much they will appear narrower than what they really are.

Try this: draw your four fingers into palms in shape of a fist, stick your thumbs out and place themon the outsides of your waist--above your hips but below ribcage--while contracting your back muscles (i.e. draw your elbows backwards).

Now draw your elbows/arms forward as far as you can by contracting your pecs--hard!--while relaxing your lats (Be sure and keep your thumbs in place on your waist).

If you have any lat development, they will pop right out.

maybe you dont have any lats??but if u do when i do it i feel like im flexing my outer chest, try to flex the outer part of ur chest or try flexing ur chest hard and crunch ur abs maybe u will get ur lats to pop out and then u can work on trying to flex ur lats only, i dont know how to flex my traps at all but they are deffiently there just keep practicing and it will come

lilj888 said:
maybe you dont have any lats??but if u do when i do it i feel like im flexing my outer chest, try to flex the outer part of ur chest or try flexing ur chest hard and crunch ur abs maybe u will get ur lats to pop out and then u can work on trying to flex ur lats only, i dont know how to flex my traps at all but they are deffiently there just keep practicing and it will come

starting to feel that way.... thanks for your help guys, i tried what you all suggested and no luck :worried:

i think i found another way to try and flex, stand up straight and keep your arms straight at your sides and try to touch your knees by pulling your arms down without bending them i cant do it without flexing my lats

i think my lats are just lagging a lot. very disappointing when i am happy with the rest of my body but i am lagging in one of my favorite muscles.

I know what you are going through. When I first started lifting I couldnt flare out my lats. I just didnt have the muscle control yet, plus they weren't very big.

Try the hands on the hips method and keep on doing it, soon you will have the muscle control and keep at the pulldowns and rows!

Top Bottom