Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone have NON-BACTERIAL PROSTATITIS (and gear)

Alex Cross

I am suffering from what I believe to be non-bacterial prostatitis. Been to all the Doc's, and they don't know how to deal with this kind of prostatitis, cause it doesnt respond to antibiotcs... All the same deal, aviod caffeine, spicy foods, alcohol, etc etc....

Question is, any of you guys have this and cycle up? How does it affect you?? thanks!

A.C

Do YOU believe you have it, or do the DOCS think you have it?

Did they do a culture for bacteria? Docs will usually prescribe a course of antibiotics (fluoroquinolones) to see if you respond. If you don't, then you could try alpha blockers to see if they improve the symptoms. If you have insurance try to get the doc to prescribe Flomax. The side effects are much less than with older alpha 1 blockers like Hytrin or Cardura, but the latter are much cheaper. If you have BPH associated with your condition the Proscar is indicated.

Whatever you do avoid ephedrine.

All this is from personal experience. I started out with BPH, which led to bladder infection, which led to bacterial prostatitis, which cleared up with a month of Cipro. I was left with residual inflammation that still causes difficulty urinating, and frequent urination at night. The symptoms come and go. I don't have a prescription drug plan so I take a short course of Hytrin when the symptoms get bad, and that seems to help.

I still cycle regularly. I avoid heavy test cycles or use Proscar with the test.

www.cuttingedgemuscle.com

My old DR thought I had that. I think my whole digestive and bladder systems where off because of long term antibiotic use as a teen for acne. Since going off the antibiotics several years ago, my problems subsided.

"Question is, any of you guys have this and cycle up?"

I don't know how it affects you, but you can use Oxandrolone without hurting your prostate.

You should look into a good probiotic and AHCC as well as get on some prostate supps and natural anti-inflammatory supps. hth

nandi12 said:
Do YOU believe you have it, or do the DOCS think you have it?

Did they do a culture for bacteria? Docs will usually prescribe a course of antibiotics (fluoroquinolones) to see if you respond. If you don't, then you could try alpha blockers to see if they improve the symptoms. If you have insurance try to get the doc to prescribe Flomax. The side effects are much less than with older alpha 1 blockers like Hytrin or Cardura, but the latter are much cheaper. If you have BPH associated with your condition the Proscar is indicated.

Whatever you do avoid ephedrine.

All this is from personal experience. I started out with BPH, which led to bladder infection, which led to bacterial prostatitis, which cleared up with a month of Cipro. I was left with residual inflammation that still causes difficulty urinating, and frequent urination at night. The symptoms come and go. I don't have a prescription drug plan so I take a short course of Hytrin when the symptoms get bad, and that seems to help.

I still cycle regularly. I avoid heavy test cycles or use Proscar with the test.

www.cuttingedgemuscle.com

Yeah, I am pretty sure I have it. I have done tons and tons of research on it, and am pretty positive. But I know there are also people that just needed a whole shit load of antibiotcs to clear it up. I am on week 4 of Levaquin, and have another months worth. So if 8 weeks of it doesnt help, then I know its non bacterial...

I also heard Flowmax has shitty sexual side effects, messin with your wang :bawling:

Hopefully it will respond to the Levaquin. As an aside, and you probably know this, you might want to avoid heavy lifting while on the levaquin as this class of antibiotics has been associated with tendon rupture.

The incidence of sexual side effects of all the alpha blockers is around 5% v 1-2% for placebo from the data I have seen. And bear in mind that most guys who are treated with Flomax or Hytrin are probably older than you are and have a harder time getting it up anyway. I honestly did not experience libido loss or erection problems. What kills me are the headaches and orthostatic hypotension from Hytrin. Flomax has much less effect in those regards.

I'm pretty skeptical of herbal remedies but one study showed equivalent results from flomax and permixon (saw palmetto):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12074791&dopt=Abstract

Whether it would help in nonbacterial prostatitis I do not know.

Good Luck.

Jeff_rys said:
"Question is, any of you guys have this and cycle up?"

I don't know how it affects you, but you can use Oxandrolone without hurting your prostate.

That's anavar right? Thats one of the AAS I dont know too much about.. Does it really not affect the prostate?? How so??

AC

Bro, at the very least give the probiotic some thought as the Levaquin is also destroying the good bacteria in your body as well as the bad. That's really not a trivial matter believe it or not. But I wish you the best with that man, that's got to be frustrating as all hell.

Top Bottom