Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone have any successful hair transplant stories?

MaGilicuti

anyone that has gotten a hair transplant and been happy with the results? even if you weren't happy i'd like to hear it.

Thank you

hey bro i just joined here but i am fairly pleased with my hair transplants. i have had two surgeries from Dr. Ron Shapiro in minneapolos, minnesota. my choices without question were between him and Hasson and Wong from vancouver, canada. they are the top docs in my eyes. i could post some pre/post pictures if anyone would like. also, before going through with the surgery i researched for about 2 years. i have been on many consoltations in my area and let me tell you there are some scary doctors (some not even certified doctors) that are doing hair transplants. i think the most horrid place i went to for a consultation was the hair loss treatment centers in troy, michigan. i sat down with a sales rep and he showed me a brochure of pictures and i noticed immediately that i had seen these photos at other consultations! when i questioned him about it, he flustered a bit and then tried to casually play it off by saying, "well, these are just some examples of what we can do to, and added, the photos just came with the brochure." i was thinking to myself wtf!! the doctor at this location later brought me in to watch a procedure in progress and he was casually just poking holes in the patients head while making jokes. what a freaking joke lol. i got out of there fast!!!

-cronox

I had a hair transplant and even though its improved my appearance, I wouldn't go down that route if I had a second day. Its simply too much in terms of having to take Dutasteride to stop the rest of my natural hair falling out, having a big strip butchered out of my head as a dnor area (Please don't anyone come on posting about FUE - It still scars you)and it is something I wouldn't recommend you to consider.

hey bro i just joined here but i am fairly pleased with my hair transplants. i have had two surgeries from Dr. Ron Shapiro in minneapolos, minnesota. my choices without question were between him and Hasson and Wong from vancouver, canada. they are the top docs in my eyes. i could post some pre/post pictures if anyone would like. also, before going through with the surgery i researched for about 2 years. i have been on many consoltations in my area and let me tell you there are some scary doctors (some not even certified doctors) that are doing hair transplants. i think the most horrid place i went to for a consultation was the hair loss treatment centers in troy, michigan. i sat down with a sales rep and he showed me a brochure of pictures and i noticed immediately that i had seen these photos at other consultations! when i questioned him about it, he flustered a bit and then tried to casually play it off by saying, "well, these are just some examples of what we can do to, and added, the photos just came with the brochure." i was thinking to myself wtf!! the doctor at this location later brought me in to watch a procedure in progress and he was casually just poking holes in the patients head while making jokes. what a freaking joke lol. i got out of there fast!!!

-cronox

thanks for the reply.

yea post before and current pics if you mind

My Hair Transplant Experience with E. Antonio Mangubat ( Tony Mangubat ) of Seattle, Washington, USA

I am a former patient of E. Antonio Mangubat ( Tony Mangubat ) (M) of Seattle, Washington, USA (southcentercosmetic) and my advice is whatever you do, DO NOT go to M for any hair transplant procedures!!!! I have described below in detail my horrible experience with Tony Mangubat (M).

Very Important: The before/after photos that many Hair Transplant surgeons show you are VERY MISLEADING because:
- Many doctors only show their best top 5% patients, and don’t show you the average result or, as in my case, the bad results.
- The photos are typically low resolution, so may not clearly show the hairline or may be in low light, thereby concealing the thin density and unnatural look of the transplants.

I was in my 20s when I signed up as M’s patient. He suggested that I get 3-4 transplant sessions and 1-2 Scalp reduction surgeries (called “Brandy” scalp reduction procedures ). The worst decision I ever made in my life was to follow M’s advice and have these procedures done. M left me SCARRED and DISFIGURED!!!!

I know this sounds unreal, but anyone who has a consult with M should ask him about the “Brandy” scalp reduction procedure and ask to see before/after photos of Brandy procedures. If he dismisses your request (says you don’t need a scalp reduction) and refuses to show photos, ask yourself why is M refusing to show his own work? Is he hiding something? If you get to see the photos, look closely (even though the pics will be small Polaroid pics) and you’ll notice a thick straight or horseshoe-shaped scar ¼ - ½ inch from 1 temple to the crown and back to the other temple with no hair growing there.

Beware that M may show you “after” photos with the surrounding hair combed over the scars. This is nothing less than totally misleading and a LIE because it doesn’t show the true result which is 1-2 scars 6-8 inches long and ¼ - ½ inch thick in the middle of your head from the temples to the crown!!!! M left me with such a horrible scar and I’ve undergone numerous reconstructive surgeries, spending over $20K, to reduce these scars.

I did a few quick searches and found M in his own words praising the “benefits” of scalp reduction surgery (see below). This kind of surgery (the Brandy procedure) is what left me totally scarred and disfigured!! So much for the “benefits”!!

M’s own words speak volumes on his incompetence and the fact that he’s clueless and oblivious to the harm he’s done to many like me. From the regrowth website (elitefitness won't let me post the entire link or add a website address in this post, so just search on google for regrowth/hair loss then search for Antonio Mangubat or Tony Mangubat on regrowth).

The Rise and Fall of Scalp Flaps, Reductions and Lifts

[ Tony Mangubat of Seattle, WA is one of the leading doctors performing scalp reductions. "I've noticed in the Seattle area over the last two years a fall in the area of scalp reductions... I was a little disappointed in it, and I was almost upset until I started looking at it in a more objective way... the answer to this question becomes very clear." Dr.Mangubat outlined his feelings on reductions and why he thinks the number of doctors performing the procedure has decreased. "We want fast results, we want a home run.. Managed care has caused an influx of newcomers. The fact is I make more income off of hair transplants than scalp lifting, so from a financial point of view maybe it's not such a bad idea..." The fall has been precipitated by an influx of newcomers due to doctors who are earning less due to managed care and HMOs. "These are all victims of our new managed care society," said Dr. Mangubat. Doctors coming in have been resistent to learning reductions, flaps, and lifts due to the steeper learning curve, greater risks, and marketing against reductions. The number of doctors performing are remaining steady, but the number of doctors coming into transplants are growing, so the overall percentage are lower.]

If I could do it over again, I would have NEVER trusted M and NEVER let M lay a hand on me. Instead, I would have just accepted my baldness and not done any hair transplants; I would have shaved my head while we wait for a cure.

Unfortunately, M left me with huge scars on my head and so I can’t just shave my head. Instead I’m forced to wear concealers to hide the ugly scars on my head. Anyone considering M does not have to go through what I’ve been through. So I strongly recommend that YOU STAY AWAY FROM TONY MANGUBAT!!

1500 FU 4 years ago.
1300 FU last month
$4.5/unit
I should have gotten more 4 years ago, but it was a lot of money at the time, not so much for me now.
But the 1500 FU 4 years ago was still a noticeable improvement.
Of the 1300 I got recently, I estimate only 500 of that was to replace hair lost in the past 4 years, and
800 should have been done 4 years ago.
It is only suitable for you if you have a good deal of non testosterone sensitive donor hair, which I do have.
I believe that I have already lost the vast majority of my test sensitive hair, and I don't anticipate ever needing more graphs.
To me the surgery and recovery periods have not been a big deal at all. Even a hair stylist doesn't notice the scars after 6 months post op.
I will continue to use topical minoxidil since it only takes 10 seconds and is non systemic. Although I have been using Finasteride (about 1mg/day), I plan on stopping
after these new graphs are established. I don't see that the Finasteride is of much value to me anymore since I have
already lost almost all of my test sensitive hair, and I don't like the systemic aspect of Finasteride.
I am happy with my results primarily because my hair loss was modest, I had good quality donor hair, and I was willing to spend the
$13,000 in order to do a decent job.
No, I don't have any pictures.

I had one done in 2003 in Paris. Very good results and the doctor is sort of a legend in the field. His name his Dr. Fretchett, he operates out of switzerland now.

its expensive though, one procedure costs around 5000 euros.

Cheap hair transplant at Perfection Hair Transplant Center is located in the ultimate tourist destination of Cancun, Mexico. The vacation spot offers the ultimate location for relaxation and rejuvenation.

Top Bottom