Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone ever here of "Choleve" for your lipids?

Mavy

Super Human
Platinum
Thought I would ask on a seperate post, might get more feedback. Has anyone ever heard of Choleve? The local health store guy (an actual good health store, not your local GNC) told me that this is the supposedly the latest supplement out for your lipid levels and it is more effective than Policosanol.

"Choleve is a new and exciting product that contains a patent-pending black tea extract and is intended to provide nutritive support for normal cardiovascular health. Regular black tea is produced through a fermentation process of green tea leaves. This fermentation process produces theaflavins. Theaflavins are the actives in black tea that are responsible for black tea's characteristic color and flavor. Theaflavins are also the active components responsible for the product's support of healthy blood lipid levels"

Never heard of this til the other day. Anyone using it? I may give it a shot on next cycle. Since my cycles tend to be more anabolic than anything, I want to take supps for my lipids. Currently the concoction I use for lipids while on is Kyolic aged garlic, Udos choice oil blend, and policosanol. I want to add the Choleve to the blend depending on what the general consensus is of this stuff.

Thanks,
Mavy

theaflavins have shown promise with respect to cholesterol, though so has EGCG from green tea.

though impact in human models has been less successful, likely because of dose issues.

J Nutr Biochem. 2003 Jun;14(6):326-32. Related Articles, Links

Effect of EGCG on lipid absorption and plasma lipid levels in rats.

Raederstorff DG, Schlachter MF, Elste V, Weber P.

Roche Vitamins Ltd. Department of Vitamin and Nutrition Research, CH-4070 Basel, Switzerland. [email protected]

Catechins, compounds derived from green tea, have been shown to reduce plasma cholesterol levels and the rate of cholesterol absorption. We investigated the dose response and the mechanism of action of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) on these parameters in rats. Wistar rats were fed a diet high in cholesterol and fat containing either none, 0.25% (0.2 g/day/kg BW), 0.5% (0.4 g/day/kg/BW) or 1.0% (0.7 g/day/kg BW) of EGCG. After 4 weeks of treatment, total cholesterol and low density lipoprotein plasma levels were significantly reduced in the group fed 1% EGCG when compared to the no treatment group. Plasma triglycerides and high-density lipoprotein levels did not change significantly. Following a single oral application of a liquid test-meal, intestinal cholesterol absorption in Wistar rats was 79.3% in the control group. In the group treated with 0.1 g/kg BW EGCG intestinal cholesterol absorption decreased to 73.7% and in the group treated with 0.5 g/kg BW of EGCG intestinal cholesterol absorption fell significantly to 62.7% (P = 0.005). Total fat absorption was very efficient in the control group (99.5% of the applied dose) and decreased significantly but moderately in the group treated with the highest doses of EGCG (0.75, 1 g/kg BW). In an in-vitro biliary micelle model, the addition of 55 microM to 1300 microM EGCG not only decreased cholesterol solubility dose-dependently in these micelles but also altered the size of the mixed lecithin/taurocholate/cholesterol micelles as demonstrated by light scattering. This study provides evidence suggesting that the cholesterol-lowering effect of green tea is mainly elicited by EGCG, one of the most abundant catechins contained in green tea. It is suggested that one of the underlying mechanisms by which EGCG affects lipid metabolism is by interfering with the micellar solubilization of cholesterol in the digestive tract, which then in turn decreased cholesterol absorption.

Thanks macro. Ya, I have heard that there are many benefits from the ECGC in green tea, including the effect on Cholesteral. Didnt think it was that dramatic though.

But I believe that Choleve is supposed to work from a different mechanism which are the theaflavins. As far as i know, these are not available in green tea, but only when green tea is made into black tea? Do you have any idea if the theaflavins are as effective or even more effective than the ECGC in green tea? Maybe the might make a good stack. I would much rather buy green tea for the other health and thermo benefits, but I would rather use black tea for the theaflavins if that is what is supposedly so effective for the lipids. Perhaps both would be good, targeting by two different substances. There dosent seem to be a lot of info on it.

Thanks,
Mavy

Mavy said:
There dosent seem to be a lot of info on it.

Thanks,
Mavy

there isnt, either way. Because the possible mechanisms are multiple, but the actual pathways and mechanisms are not entirely clear for either.

they are chemically very similar. They are both polyphenols.

hhhhmmm ... I am seeing a B-op for a new AFSTORE supp. Something for the lipids ... like maybe a Green tea/Black tea/Policosanol stack or something like that. lol? What'do ya think Macro? Wanny try to have that ready for my next cycle please? hehehehe

Top Bottom