Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody have Colitis or Crohn's disease?

silverbackn

I have ulcerative colitis. I am a 24 year old competitive bodybuilder. I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. I was put on colazol, 9 pills a day, to keep it under control. I stopped taking it about 3 months ago to see what would happen, my stomach is kind of bothering me now but I don't know if it's just something transient or if it is in fact the colitis causing it. Anybody with any experience? What are you taking? Do you feel like shit at times? What prescribed drugs have worked best? I would love to hear some feedback, I know I'm not the only one.

I have crohns disease, i was diagnosed with it in 98 and they said i had it 4 years before that. I used to get the remicade infusion.....that is a godsend for Crohns disease. But at the time i dont have insurance so i cant get it(it costs around 7000 per infusion) I have been on numerous meds since i was diagnosed. I was on prednisone for over a year and my dr finally got me weaned off of it.....Right now im taking 9mg of endocort every day. It seems to be working. It is kind of a steroid but not all the nasty side effects. I have painful days but most are ok......if i dont take my meds for a few days i can tell, and i feel like crap.
Living with Crohns diease sucks but there ARE worse diseases out there. This one isnt curable YET but it is treatable:) i hope u feel good soon and best of luck to u

SoKlueles said:
I have crohns disease, i was diagnosed with it in 98 and they said i had it 4 years before that. I used to get the remicade infusion.....that is a godsend for Crohns disease. But at the time i dont have insurance so i cant get it(it costs around 7000 per infusion) I have been on numerous meds since i was diagnosed. I was on prednisone for over a year and my dr finally got me weaned off of it.....Right now im taking 9mg of endocort every day. It seems to be working. It is kind of a steroid but not all the nasty side effects. I have painful days but most are ok......if i dont take my meds for a few days i can tell, and i feel like crap.
Living with Crohns diease sucks but there ARE worse diseases out there. This one isnt curable YET but it is treatable:) i hope u feel good soon and best of luck to u
Thanks bro! I appreciate it. I was on prednisone for a little while, only at 40 mg's though. It wasnt fixing anything, then he added the colazol and i honestly felt better the next day. I hate being a slave to prescriptions, it is expensive and a pain taking 9 pills a day.

um check my gender again:) and yeah i was up to 40 mg of prednisone a day too..i hated it....but ask about the infusion...im telling u, its the best thing
Theres others on the board that have Crohns disease also
I took pentasa too....and asacol but my crohns isnt in my colon.

MD's see this as a problem of what drug can i give this patient to make them feel better. this needs to be looked at in a more functional way and thats why i believe there hasn't been much success in treating crohn's. Have you thought about taking a more natural approach? have you had your food allergies tested ever?

As a competitive BBer the last thing you want is to be on prednisone...puts your body in a catabolic state and stores fat around the midsection and face

SoKlueles said:
um check my gender again:) and yeah i was up to 40 mg of prednisone a day too..i hated it....but ask about the infusion...im telling u, its the best thing
Theres others on the board that have Crohns disease also
I took pentasa too....and asacol but my crohns isnt in my colon.
Oops! hehe. I don't have colitis not crohns, they are similar but not the same. Just a different part of the system affected. I wonder if the infusion treatment works for colitis, I need to check into it. Thanks sista!!!!

BlondeBombshell27 said:
I have colitis too. I take colazol as well. I don't like taking all those damn pills too. I want to find something better too. I also have IBS really bad too.
Is colazal all you are taking? Have you had any more flare ups since using it?

Top Bottom