Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anybody had a herniated disc or ruptured disc?

nuh_mizer

It looks like I have one or the other in my neck. It doesn't hurt very bad anymore byt I can't feel parts of my right hand. I had an MRI done and the guy who did it made me feel like I'm going to be in a wheel chair. Has anybody here had the same thing and how did the recovery go?

thanks

Yeah bro, in 1982 I herniated a disc in my lower back in an accident. I was 21 at the time. I was in rough shape as I remember. I had all kinds of tests done including a spinal tap twice. They were a bitch Ill tell you. I had surgery in 84 finally and had the disc removed, I didnt have any fusion done tough. Before the surgery I had a lot of paralysis in various parts of my lower left leg. After the surgery I had nearly all of the paralysis dissapear, I would say 99 percent. What didnt return is inconsequential as far as Im concerned. Herniated discs are not all that uncommon. I know thats not much comfort to you but Im saying that because surgery for that is pretty routine anymore. I was talking to a physical theraist a few months back whos husband had a hernated disc removed from his neck as an outpatient. I said damn, it sure has changed since I had the surgery done. Youll get the feeling back bro, a piece of disc has irritated a nerve in your neck but this does get better. The guy at the mri has obviously never had the problem himself. Let me know if you have any more questions. Im working with a busted keyboard, sorry for the bad typing.

Thanks for the info bro. I get a little more feeling back in my hand everyday, but I know that it won't go away without seriuos treatment.

i have degenerative disc disease. its a congenital condition that causes the discs to dry up and/or become more prone to herniation. I have a herniation at L4/L5 and disintegration at L5/S1.

Anti-inflammatories are a part of my daily supplementation. My father had the same problem. He's had two surgeries. The last one was a year ago and it went very well. They have made great strides in what they can do. What's really exciting is that there have been 30 "trial surgeries" experimenting with artificial discs, and they seem to have gone exceptionally well.

Bottom line: if its an accute injury you have, surgery to repair the problem is the way to go. just find a good surgeon.

i Hearniated disk l4 and l5 when I was 17. I went through extensive physical therapy and traction. I was functioning normally after about a year of the incident. I just recently fucked it up again. I have been seeing a chiropractor for about 2 months and haven't made any progress. He suggested cortizone injection in my lower back. I don't want that cause I will get a false sense of security and probably end up fucking myself up even more. I am at a loss - just got done with a cycle and managed to keep most of my gains but evertime I go to the gym now - I can barely walk afterwards. I been thinking about surgorey but that might not be the answer. Anyways moral of the story - injuries suck.

i have had three laminectomy/microdiskectomy surgeries at the L5-S1 level. I also have a cyrrent herniation at the same level. You are not alone in your pain, as I know that myself and many others live with chronic nerve pain on a daily basis. I would suggest as a first course of action, a cortisone epidural.(i have one tomorrow) Ask your doctor about seeing a physical therapist and massage therapist that specialize in spinal column injuries. With a consevative treatment plan and the proper rest and care, over 75% of all herniations are disolved naturally by the body, requiring no surgical procedures. If you are one of the unlucky ones like myself, than surgery will take care of the problem, but you must be smarter than me, and follow ALL of your aftercare instructions completely. If you allow enough time for your body to recover after surgery, then the chances are extremely good that this will be a onetime event for you.

Take care and listen to what your doctors say. If you don't like what they are telling you, get a second opinion. Your injury can be a very serious one if you do not take proper care of it.

good luck
mrhamilton

So many injuries from all over the body are simply cause by strained and sprained tendons and ligamints. When these supporting structires are strained/sprained it allows the bones to become misaligned etc. This is often diagnosed via MRI's etc but it has been clinically proven MRI's are not a reliable means of determining tendon/ligiment damage. Far to many Docs want to put you under the knife which often times causes irreperable damage. If you are loosing the feeling in your hands at times, its likely due to referral pain from C4 and C5 in your neck. If you truely want the problem fixed and due not want to undergo surgery check into prolotherapy. You can find a lot of good info at http://www.prolonews.com/ as well as search for a doc in your area. I have had it done in the past for elbow problems and it worked wonders. I recently have gone back and am getting my mid back treated now.

i have a herniated/ruptured disc at c5-c6. I was really really bad for 3 months after it..and pretty bad for 6-10 months after it. I use to compete in Judo but so far this injury has kept me off the matt for now.

not sure what to say really except i would look into therapy and NOT SURGERY from what i have researched it looks like that if you are young and have the surgery in about 10 years you will need another operation again for the discs above or below the first one...

for me its not really an option because once i get that it will pretty much end my carreer so i am going to try more rehab and strength training to be able to support the injury with the muscles rather then get a metal rod put into the neck..

anyone with experience or knowledge in this AREA please email me if you have some time..

good luck bro

The reason you need surgery again is because surgery does not fix the root of the problem which is invariable tendon/ligiment laxity. When these structurs are not 100% it causes problems with nerves, disks, cartiledge and the list goes on. Judo Tom, even if you have had surgery in the past I highly recommend you seek out a prolotherapist. Research has shown incredible results and its been in use for various things for over 100 years. Studies have also shown that tendons/ligiments are actually thickened 40% which equates to approximatly doubling their strength. Help your body help itself, and avoid the knife if you can. Im not preaching to live in pain, but seek a cure, not just a poor fix.

I have a herniated disk in my neck. At the time of the injury I was debilitated. I thought I had broken my damn neck! It didn't take long before I was back on track - and I was largly untreated durring recovery. It'll still flair up at times and get sore, but it's quite manageable.

I'd hold off any thought of surgery untill you give it a good deal of time, and try some forms of therapy. I'd look into prolotherapy for sure. You might also look into the "McKenzie (sp?) method."

Top Bottom