Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anybody ever torn a bicep deadlifting?

ole farte'

Not Really
Platinum
My bicep tendon pulled off the bone over 10yrs ago, totally unrelated to lifting. the doc reattached it to the bone with a screw and an anchor. he said the next time it won't pull of the bone but will take part of the bone with it, which would really be bad. I have started deadlifting and just wondering how rough is this on my tendon. anybody ever heard of a bicep tear doing deadlifts?

ole farte' said:
My bicep tendon pulled off the bone over 10yrs ago, totally unrelated to lifting. the doc reattached it to the bone with a screw and an anchor. he said the next time it won't pull of the bone but will take part of the bone with it, which would really be bad. I have started deadlifting and just wondering how rough is this on my tendon. anybody ever heard of a bicep tear doing deadlifts?
you'll know. just don't ignore the signs. signs being terrible pain.

I witnessed a dude tear his bicep on a heavy dead. It looked brutal. Deads are a high risk exercise for bi tears.

no but on a different exercise i tore 80% of my tricep.

i knew something was wrong before the pain kicked in as it started literaly jumping around on my arm. (sort of up, down, left and right) it was weird, then it really hurt!

I recently had a complete tear of my biceps tendon....about 4 months ago. It's hell! I've lost 40lbs and 4 in off my biceps.

Your biceps tendon was attached to the bone with the metal anchors only to hold it there while it regrew into the bone (takes 6-8 weeks after surgery). According to medical literature, once it has regrown into the bone, the chance of rupturing it again is no greater than before the injury occurred or than someone who hasn't torn their tendon.

After 10 years, you should be fine. However, I'd still be cautious about a heavy weight load while your tendon is fully stretched (arm extended with palm up).

I partially tore my left tricep/lat deadlifting.
I suggest you use the arm with the bicep tear as your over grip arm, and the other as your under grip arm. Or use straps with a double over grip.

Top Bottom