Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any of you guys use the Nautilus type machines or do you stick with free weights?

69Muscle

I really like the Cybex Machines at my gym, although I've always read there's no sub for free weights. So what's the deal with those? Do you hard core guys use them (besides for cable cross overs) Like for Biceps and Skull crusher machine? Military press machine is much easier then doing them with DB (easier I mean easier to control and get more reps with higher weights). I use the calf machine a lot over doing them with DB's......

Thoughts?

Those machines certainly have their place. I usually use the nautilus machines at the end of my workout to totally burn the muscles out.

Yeah they are real good at that, the smooth motion of them allow higher reps. I'm kinda new to the gym scene and didn't really know the etiquette of those machines if only chicks used them...

Cool deal.

I've gained 30 lbs in the past year and spent approximately 2-3% of my training time on machines. The rest was free weights. Draw your own conclusions.

frorider6 said:
I've gained 30 lbs in the past year and spent approximately 2-3% of my training time on machines. The rest was free weights. Draw your own conclusions.

OH MY! You gained 30lbs in the past year, are you kidding. You must have been nothing but skin and bones! J/K

I use both free weights and nauts.

el cubano said:

OH MY! You gained 30lbs in the past year, are you kidding. You must have been nothing but skin and bones! J/K

I use both free weights and nauts.

Bro, I was 188 lbs at 6'2". I had a broken foot and couldn't train ANYTHING because it hurt so bad. I started lifting again in Feb last year and by Feb this year, I officially hit 30 lbs gain where I've fluctuated up and down a bit (217-221). Hopefully I'll gain another 10 lbs before going into the military where I know I'll drop a lot of weight due to the high cardio and lack of protein shakes and weights.

And if you think that's bad, when I was active Air Force 94-98, my weight never topped 178. I was one of those skinny guys with a gut.

Top Bottom