Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any olympic-style lifters here?

SlimJim300

Just curious if there are any Oly lifters here. I'd be interested in your workouts, personal best lifts, nutrition regimen, pictures, anything.

i am bro, but as of late i have not been "getting in the hole" for catches. in other words, it's more like a power stance i am in when i do my catches for cleans and snatches. i do power cleans and snatches with both a bar *and* db's. training is very different from "bodybuilding." for me training mainly includes things like (aside from the clean and snatch) rack cleans, hang cleans, front squats, but also box squats, goodmornings, glute-ham raises, reverse hypers, step-ups, lunges or different kinds, etc. with a strong, fast posterior chain, some good technique and the balls to get under the bar in a hurry, you could do pretty well, at least imo.

what's your interest bro?

feel free to ask me more q's on or offline, i'll do what i can to help.

Thanks for the response! I'm not a bodybuilder, and it has just always been a very attractive lifting style to me. I've considered oly lifting for some time now, but I have no idea how to train for such lifts (such as a daily/weekly routine, lifts and periodization). I also don't know much about the technique, but that may just come from experience.

How long have you done this kind of lifting, and what was your lifting background previous to it? (if there was one) Do you know of a good program to begin this, and is there a reasonable goal poundage I should shoot for to ease into this kind of training? Thanks again! I may PM you later.

-Slim

You might want to try making this post on the powerlifting forum. you'll get more of your kind there.

SlimJim300 said:
Thanks for the response! I'm not a bodybuilder, and it has just always been a very attractive lifting style to me. I've considered oly lifting for some time now, but I have no idea how to train for such lifts (such as a daily/weekly routine, lifts and periodization). I also don't know much about the technique, but that may just come from experience.

How long have you done this kind of lifting, and what was your lifting background previous to it? (if there was one) Do you know of a good program to begin this, and is there a reasonable goal poundage I should shoot for to ease into this kind of training? Thanks again! I may PM you later.

-Slim

bro i have some good info for you, but please give me a day to get it to you. :)

40butpumpin said:
bro i have some good info for you, but please give me a day to get it to you. :)
That's be great, I would really appreciate it.

genarr3 said:
You might want to try making this post on the powerlifting forum. you'll get more of your kind there.
Thanks for reminding me, sometimes I forget it's even there...

Top Bottom