Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any ex athletes?

tboy72

man........today i either realize im old, or the extra muscle mass has slowed me down!
im 32 years old and used to be somwhat of an athlete.....today, after not blaying basketball for 2 years i felt slow and uncordnated. im 6'3 225 and as of 2 years ago i could throw it down without a step....now i have to run and barley get it down:(.. i threw nothing but bricks and was real slow! the only thing i had going was bullying the dudes for rebounds and made em pay when they rove, but thats never been my game...
i know this isnt a sports thread, but i was wondering if any of you experienced this from extra musle mass.....last time i played i was 205 and 30 years old....so is it the muscle or the age?
the lack of playing had never been a problem for me before!
ahhhh f*** it football was my sport anyways!!!!!!!!!!

oh one more thing.......is basketball an ok cardio workout once a week? cause there is NO WAY im gonna let myself not be the best or one of the best ones out there!
my egos way too big!!!lol
but am i burning muscle at that intensity?
i'd apreciate feedback

Basket ball and especially jumping is NOT like riding a bike...once you learn how to get above the rim...you cant quit for a few years and then expect to get right back up there.
B-ball is a good cardio workout if you put a good intensity level into it.

Being athletic and being muscular have some relation, but arent but are not exclusive. I know alot of guys who are big and look good, but are complete clutzs and no atheltic ability what so ever. I know others who are tanks and excellent all around athletes. So, its a matter of your level of conditioning and your genetic ability whether or not you will be athletic. You can also but in great cardiovascular strength, but still not be athletic.

i see exactly what you mean mike.......tonight i felt like a clutz....but i know i have athletic ability......but some of these little shitz out there were supisingly strong! i though that since ive put on some muscle over the past couple of years i would just throw them around, but its a TOTALY different strength...that i used to have, but its gone now:( i want both!!
is it possible to get it back without lossing lots of muscle mass?

You said your atheletic, but if your not in shape your going to have a hard time playing any sport that demands alot of cardio endurance like basketball. You can probally can stand around shoot good, then as soon as you start playing your shot becomes off alot because your out of shape. Also, if you ahvent played in a while and have gained alot of strength it takes a while for your muscle to make the minor adjustments it needs to preform the task like it did before.

your RIGHT ON THE MONEY DUDE! even though i do cardio at least 4x's a week...it nothing compared to cutting....starting and stopping...and the shot does get off when you get tires...i was just very suprised to see how outta shape i got.....even though im in the best shape of my life...
weird huh?

You can do it bro, it takes time. i am a pro soccer player and I put on "weight" in the off season. I still play 4 times a week but in the summer when we are outside it is a whole new ballgame. The weight can be a pain for endurance but it helps in the shoving and kicking hard part. Your body will adapt and you will be able to keep the muslce!

basketball may be a decent cardio workout but you're not getting any lasting aerobic benefit unless you're doing it at least 3 times a week.

Top Bottom