Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For any baseball players on the board

P

plifter

I just don't have enough pop in my bat. I'm a lot bigger and stronger than a lot of the guys I play against. I just can't seem to get any power. It feels like I'm using only my arms to swing. How can I get some more leg drive into it. A guy my size should be able to knock some long balls, but I see skinny guys get more power than me. (Yes I know this is the wrong board, but nobody responds on the other ones)

plifter,
I am a baseball coach (high school level). It sounds like you have a problem that a lot of bigger guys have - you rely too much on your upper body in order to hit the ball. Actually, your back knee should start your swing, not the hands. The back knee triggers the swing, then the top hand throws the bat through the ball. You want to use your hips as much as possible. After all, they are the strongest part of the body. Also, make sure you are throwing the bat and not pulling it through the strike zone. You deliver more power that way.

It is hard to explain without being able to actually show you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

What level (high school, college, semi pro, etc.) do you play?

Stones34

I knew a kid in High School that was about 5'6 and 135 lbs soaking wet..he had very fast wrists and they were pretty muscular for his size...to this date he has hit the farthest baseball I have ever seen in person.....no wind or nothing.....he hit it in left field where down the line was 320..... the left fielder didn't even move...just turned and watched it..... one of the opposing teams parents was out in left and marked where the ball landed...we measured it from the fence and was measured at 460..... he was not a strong person at all...so I guessed it was in the wrists....needless to say he got a full boat scholarship to some big college but turned it down cuz he was "in love" now he is divorced and a big drinker..this guy could was an amazing short stop also....he made plays like you see on "the plays of the week" constantly.....its a shame....he probably would of played second base in the majors somewhere and definately been an all-star.....damn women... :)

Don't worry about getting to technical with your swing,if you are hitting the ball ok don't mess with it. Get a weighted bat and swing it all the time. Do wrist exercises by holding the handle with one hand and both hands. Do this all the time when your sitting on the couch etc. The best way to make this, is to take an old aluminum bat cut the knob off the handle end and fill it with sand. this may sound stupid, but it will do wonders for bat speed and power.

Top Bottom