Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anti-histamine's increase prolactin

twistedneck

I was noticing a lag of libido on Atarax.. (allergy med).. did some searching and turns out Histamine is needed to keep prolactin in check. Prolactin is the same hormone our body releases after we orgasim - causing some of us to have that time lag between the next wood. Thoughts?

Cimetidine, an H2-antihistamine, stimulates prolactin secretion in man
HE Carlson and AF Ippoliti

Intravenous administration of cimetidine, a histamine (H2) receptor antagonist, provoked an immediate 2 to 3-fold rise in serum prolactin concentrations in 8 normal men; serum thyrotropin, growth hormone, thyroxine, and triiodothyronine were not significantly affected. Diphenhydramine, an H1-antagonist, was without effect on any of the hormones measured. The results suggest that histamine may have an important function in the regulation of prolactin secretion in man.

Antihistamine

You're probably just thinking about it too much. I get really bad hayfever and i'm usually on antihistamines all summer (I've used most brands, tablets and nasal sprays). Anyway i've never felt any loss of libido at any point(Maybe it's coz i'm still young).

Just tell your girlfriend your predicament and she might go that extra mile to please you!

Hope it clears up bro,

Paul.

interesting theory.

Have you (or anyone else here) found any success in using bromocriptine or any other related solutions? I'm trying 2.5 mg /day right now but havent seen any quick results. I read that Durk Pearson and Sandy (the life extension scientists) have been taking bromocriptine for that and other longevity purposes for years now. I would like to try dostinex but it is so damn expensive $25/pill.

A good site to find out about Bromo is yohimbine.org. He also has a lot of first hand information about dostinex.

Seems they both worked great the first time on libido but the effect quickly diminished. Bromo was much worse due to the nausia associated with it.

Paul2110, I agree a lot is mental but there is no denying the wood hardness factor. Maybe there is no long term test ruductions or prolactin increases from anti histamine's but for me short term is real.

Top Bottom