Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anti-aromatase vs. Anti-estrogen questions

Can someone explain the functional difference between an anti-aromatase (like A-Dex) and an anti-estrogen (like Nolvadex)?

From what I understand, Nolvadex blocks the estrogen receptor but does NOT prevent estrogen from forming in the body and Arimidex actually stops excess estrogen from forming (stops aromatization).

Am I correct in saying this? If so, why does Nolvadex inhibit gains and Arimidex does not (at least that's what I'm reading anyway).

Thanks!

Last edited:
You have the basic concept. There's more to it, but I can't get into it right now. Maybe Doc can elucidate. Even macro or Fonz know about this.

All in all, this is why I believe Anti- aromatases are the better choice and that's an area where a lot of people disagree. Realize, clomid was never intended as an anti estrogen, it just "acts" like one -- supposedly.
Nolva and Clomid raise SHBG, lower FSH, Raise LDL, Lower IGF, affect mood negatively and make my dick shrink like a frightened turtle. No wonder. The stuff was invented for women.

Arimidex and Aromasan and to a degree Proviron do not have the negitive side effects of Nolva and Clomid. I especially like A-dex with some herbal anti- e's -- very safe and very effective. I'll never know why it isn't the universal choice . But I'm working on it.

Nelson Montana said:
You have the basic concept. There's more to it, but I can't get into it right now. Maybe Doc can elucidate. Even macro or Fonz know about this.

All in all, this is why I believe Anti- aromatases are the better choice and that's an area where a lot of people disagree. Realize, clomid was never intended as an anti estrogen, it just "acts" like one -- supposedly.
Nolva and Clomid raise SHBG, lower FSH, Raise LDL, Lower IGF, affect mood negatively and make my dick shrink like a frightened turtle. No wonder. The stuff was invented for women.

Arimidex and Aromasan and to a degree Proviron do not have the negitive side effects of Nolva and Clomid. I especially like A-dex with some herbal anti- e's -- very safe and very effective. I'll never know why it isn't the universal choice . But I'm working on it.

Thanks Nelson.

EOR

there are products designed to be "weak estrogens": they supposedly outsmart your body endogenous secretions by binding to receptors faster, yet yelding much less effects.
Other compounds target the enzyme which is the operator of the estrogen cycle.
The less enzyme is around active & ready to put estrogen to work, the less effects you'll suffer.
I'd personally go with anti aromatase stuff rather than "mild estrogen stuff".

The problem with the "mild estrogen" stuff is you never know how it'll effect you. In my case, it just adds more estrogen. Clomid shuts me down and makes me feel like a little girl on the rag. Oddly enough, DIM, acts in a very similar way. It too is a mild estrogen that supposedly attaches to e receptors and lowers overall estro. But it always backfired on me.

So maybe guys that get good results from Clomid should try DIM.

EvolutionOfTheRevolution said:
Can someone explain the functional difference between an anti-aromatase (like A-Dex) and an anti-estrogen (like Nolvadex)?

From what I understand, Nolvadex blocks the estrogen receptor but does NOT prevent estrogen from forming in the body and Arimidex actually stops excess estrogen from forming (stops aromatization).

IN ESSENCE, THIS IS A CORRECT UNDERSTAND OF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ESTROGEN RECEPTOR BLOCKER AND AN AROMATASE INHIBITOR.

Am I correct in saying this? If so, why does Nolvadex inhibit gains and Arimidex does not (at least that's what I'm reading anyway).

I LIKE USING ARIMIDEX DURING THE AAS CYCLE AND NOLVADEX DURING THE RECOVERY CYCLE. SINCE ONE IS USING BOTH ARIMDIEX AND NOLVADEX SHORT-TERM, I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF EITHER. BLOOD TESTING PROVES THAT THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

Thanks!

Nelson Montana said:

THIS IS ESSENTIALLY CORRECT. BOTH CLOMID AND NOLVADEX ARE BLOCKERS. CLOMID SELECTIVELY BLOCKS WHILE NOLVA BLOCKS ALL ESTROGEN RECEPTORS. CLOMID IS A "POOR" BLOCKER OF RECEPTORS THAN NOLVADEX. AS IT TURNS OUT, BOTH CLOMID AND NOLVADEX STIMULATE THE PITUITARY TO PRODUCE LH AND FSH. SINCE NOLVA IS THE BETTER BLOCKER AND IT DOES STIMULATE LH/FSH PRODUCTION, THEN I LIKE NOLVA OVER CLOMID FOR RECOVERY CYCLING. ESTROGEN LEVELS ARE RECOVERING DURING THE RECOVERY CYCLE--SO THEY ARE LOW TO BEGIN WITH (SUPPRESSED DURING THE AAS CYCLE). THE BODY CAN HANDLE THE RECOVERY WITH NOLVA WITHOUT THE NEED FOR CONTINUING ARIMIDEX INTO THE PCT. WE WANT ESTORGEN TO RECOVER.

CLOMID IS STILL THE DRUG OF CHOICE FOR STIMULATING FSH IN MEN TO INCREASE SPERM PRODUCTION. THIS IS THE ONLY INSTANCE (FOR MEN) WHERE CLOMID IS TAKEN ALONE. SECOND, SINCE BOTH NOLVA AND CLOMID ARE TAKEN FOR SUCH A SHORT TIME, THEY HAVE LITTLE LONG-TERM (IF ANY) EFFECT ON LIPID PROFILES. SO, I HAVE NO CONCERNS WITH EFFECTS OF SHBG OR LDL LEVELS OR IGF-1 LEVELS (CLOMID DOES ALLOW ESTROGEN TO FUNCTION IN THE LIVER RAISING IGF-1 LEVELS SHORT-TERM, BUT NOLVA DOES NOT). THE BLOOD TESTS REFLECT NORMAL LEVELS WHEN USING THESE DRUGS FOR RECOVERY.

I HAVE SEEN SUCCESS WITH AROMASIN, FEMARA, AND ARIMIDEX AS AN ANTI-E DURING AROMATIZING CYCLES, BUT IT IS NOT UNIFORM. ARIMIDEX SEEMS TO WORK WELL FOR MOST. MANY HAVE TO SWITCH FROM FEMARA TO AROMASIN OR ARIMIDEX AFTER A TIME (JUST DIDN'T WORK FOR THEM). AROMASIN MAY OVERSUPPRESS ESTROGEN FOR SOME PEOPLE; SO I SWITCH THEM TO ARIMIDEX. FLEXIBILTIY IS THE KEY AND RECOGNIZING THE NEED TO CHANGE MEDS MIDSTREAM IS ESSENTIAL TO SUCCESS.

Nelson Montana said:

You'll never know why it's not the universal choice but you're working on it??? Can you be anymore obvious than that?? Jesus! Here you go again spouting misinformation. Nolva raises LDL??? Moron!

Top Bottom