Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anti anxiety/depression meds and fatloss

Gumaro

im sure most of us have heard the same complaint from users on anti anxiety/depression of weight gains. is there any truth to this? the reason i ask is because a lot of people dont have normal eating habits. im guessing the weight gain they experience is due to over eating and not due to the meds. does anyone know?

and do the meds have any negative impact with any BB drugs?

I was on Prozac for depression for a while and kept to my diet and didn't see any change in additional fat. Just my experience though. I have seen people blow up after taking them though.

I have been on anti-anxiety and anti depression drugs for 20 years, maybe the first few months you gain or lose weight, but after a while like everything else, you develop a tolerance to those drugs,

Most people I know on these drugs are nuts, so they blame everything on the drugs and take no responsibility for their own weight

pentatonic said:
I was on Prozac for depression for a while and kept to my diet and didn't see any change in additional fat. Just my experience though. I have seen people blow up after taking them though.
you didnt see any additional fat. were you cutting and if so, did you lose the bf?

solidspine said:
I have been on anti-anxiety and anti depression drugs for 20 years, maybe the first few months you gain or lose weight, but after a while like everything else, you develop a tolerance to those drugs,

Most people I know on these drugs are nuts, so they blame everything on the drugs and take no responsibility for their own weight
but if you build a tolerance to them, dont they just give you a higher dose?

i dunno, these things sound counter productive

i've taken a variety of psych drugs and have noticed that some can cause weight gain (because all you want to do is eat) and some cause weight loss (because you're not hungry)...

antipsychotics usually cause weight gain (Risperdol, Clorazil, even Abilify in my opinion)

some mood stabilizers cause weight gain (a friend of mine gained 20 pounds taking Depakote... she had no idea why she was always hungry unil i suggested it might be the meds)

Topomax causes weight loss (mood stabilizer)

anything for ADD/ADHD that is a stimulant can cause weight loss

Wellbutrin can cause weight loss

SSRIs cause weight gain (Zoloft, Prozac, etc.)

.... this is just based on personal experience... so correct me if i'm wrong

NeverTrustABlonde said:
i've taken a variety of psych drugs and have noticed that some can cause weight gain (because all you want to do is eat) and some cause weight loss (because you're not hungry)...

antipsychotics usually cause weight gain (Risperdol, Clorazil, even Abilify in my opinion)

some mood stabilizers cause weight gain (a friend of mine gained 20 pounds taking Depakote... she had no idea why she was always hungry unil i suggested it might be the meds)

Topomax causes weight loss (mood stabilizer)

anything for ADD/ADHD that is a stimulant can cause weight loss

Wellbutrin can cause weight loss

SSRIs cause weight gain (Zoloft, Prozac, etc.)

.... this is just based on personal experience... so correct me if i'm wrong

well yes your wrong on a few points but i wont disrupt your flow

juntao said:
well yes your wrong on a few points but i wont disrupt your flow
disrupt the flow. 'everyone is different' and all tha good stuff

also, anyone remember that (English?) writer from Pump magazing (i think his name was paul borrsen). he claimed he knew a guy who got huge by taking (i beleive it was) prozac. said the gains were as good as AAS. i know this guy has some goofy ideas/advice. was this another of his goofy things?

Gumaro said:
you didnt see any additional fat. were you cutting and if so, did you lose the bf?

but if you build a tolerance to them, dont they just give you a higher dose?

i dunno, these things sound counter productive

I wasn't cutting and I wasn't eating excess calories, wasn't cycling anything during that time either. I saw nothing as far as body composition change. I seen a major improvement with the way I felt though. And yes, you can build a tolerance to them and yes, most of the time they up the dosage when this happens.

I have read numerous studies that SSRI's such as Prozac can reduce the efficacy of Tamoxifen. All those studies were with women with Breast Cancer though.

Top Bottom