Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Androgen suppression and clinical improvement with dopamine agonists

Big Johnson

From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11499189&dopt=Abstract

Androgen suppression and clinical improvement with dopamine agonists in hyperandrogenic-hyperprolactinemic women.

Hagag P, Hertzianu I, Ben-Shlomo A, Weiss M.

Endocrine Institute and Biochemistry Wing, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: To examine the effect of dopamine agonist (DA) treatment on clinical and biochemical features in hirsute, hyperprolactinemic (HPRL) women and the relationship between prolactin (PRL) and androgens. STUDY DESIGN: We evaluated 80 hirsute HPRL women (age, 27 +/- 1 years [mean +/- SE]) with neuroleptic treatment, prolactinoma and idiopathic HPRL (12, 13 and 55, respectively). DA, mainly bromocriptine, was administered for 11 +/- 1 months. Response indicators were Ferriman-Gallwey hirsutism (FGS) and Leeds acne (LAS) scores, circulating PRL, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS), free and total testosterone, and androstenedione. RESULTS: Baseline PRL correlated positively with DHEAS (r = .23, P = .03) and free testosterone (r = .36, P < .001). In all women, FGS, LAS, PRL, free testosterone, DHEAS and androstenedione decreased by 40-85% during DA treatment (P < .001). The decline in free testosterone was higher when PRL was > or = 65 ng/mL than when PRL was < 65 (P = .03) and correlated positively with basal DHEAS (r = .40, P < .001). CONCLUSION: Our data suggest a modulation by PRL of adrenal androgen production. DA treatment reduces PRL and serum androgens. It results in a significant clinical improvement in acne and hirsutism. Therefore, DA is recommended as monotherapy for hyperandrogenic.

PMID: 11499189 [PubMed - in process]

That settles it. No bromocriptine for me :)

It means that taking bromo to try and counter the effects of prolactin, caused by taking GHB, may actually lower your levels of muscle-sparing/building hormones.

1) doesn't talk about males and their reactions

2) doesn't indicate high levels of androgens (males obviously have more and higher, and then if you supplement on top of that....)

3) don't see a dosage - but I haven't followed the link to read more on it....

just my first thoughts.
also, the point of countering prolactin is to get the growth hormone benefits and to negate the whole boobies thing.

Top Bottom