Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anavar for women?

Juicedup136

So my girlfriend wants to start a cycle of anavar. Starting at the lowest dose of 5mg a day split. I was hoping someone (a female) could share the expierence with it? Side effects? Results? She works out five days a week for two hours a day, lifting four days a week. And her diets fully in check.

5'3"
127lbs

Never done a cycle before. Would only run thirty days. Any help/advice would be appreciated since i don't really have much knowledge about women and gear.lol

Best advice you can give her is to join the women's forum herself - and there she needs to post her diet: MACROs, etc - her workout, her goals.... Best knowledge she can gain is by learning it herself. A woman should never take gear because a man tells her to without her doing the research herself.

If you do schedule a cycle, make sure you're getting the most out of it while giving your body as much support as possible for the stress on your system. W/ most AAS you have the potential to see increases in blood pressure and cholesterol.

Also read up on anavar - even tho the amount of info is limited for women and AAS, there is enough out there to give you a sense of the sides you can experience. For var it is usually no biggie, but keep in mind this is very individual and you're self-medicating w/ male hormones - so its all a personal experiment as to the results and the sides that you get. If you don't like the sides, you can't just stop and expect it all to go away in a few hours like aspirin. When you're screwing w/ your hormone profile, you have to wait for all of the dependent systems downstream to adjust to the change in your hormone levels and the subsequent impacts on your body as a whole.

Pluses:
- better recovery
- promotion of lean muscle mass
- increased sense of well-being
- increase in strength (note only in muscles - not in connective tissues w/ var)

Minuses:
- occasionally people experience bloody noses from var
- acne
- oily hair / skin
- increased sensitivity & potential swelling of the clitoris (some people consider this a plus - mostly just be aware that it is pretty much part of cycling)
- interrupted period - if you're on birth control, and not competing but just cycling for growth, stay on your birth control. If cycling for contest prep, drop the birth control (promotes water retention) but use a backup method for birth control.
- potential for yeast infections - include acidophilus in your supplement pile.

Thanks for the NeedMore. If she does start to see side affects what should she do? She starts in a week, and were both excited/nervous haha.

If you do schedule a cycle, make sure you're getting the most out of it while giving your body as much support as possible for the stress on your system. W/ most AAS you have the potential to see increases in blood pressure and cholesterol.

Also read up on anavar - even tho the amount of info is limited for women and AAS, there is enough out there to give you a sense of the sides you can experience. For var it is usually no biggie, but keep in mind this is very individual and you're self-medicating w/ male hormones - so its all a personal experiment as to the results and the sides that you get. If you don't like the sides, you can't just stop and expect it all to go away in a few hours like aspirin. When you're screwing w/ your hormone profile, you have to wait for all of the dependent systems downstream to adjust to the change in your hormone levels and the subsequent impacts on your body as a whole.

Pluses:
- better recovery
- promotion of lean muscle mass
- increased sense of well-being
- increase in strength (note only in muscles - not in connective tissues w/ var)

Minuses:
- occasionally people experience bloody noses from var
- acne
- oily hair / skin
- increased sensitivity & potential swelling of the clitoris (some people consider this a plus - mostly just be aware that it is pretty much part of cycling)
- interrupted period - if you're on birth control, and not competing but just cycling for growth, stay on your birth control. If cycling for contest prep, drop the birth control (promotes water retention) but use a backup method for birth control.
- potential for yeast infections - include acidophilus in your supplement pile.

It's awesome that you gave them the same info they could Google - however the smart thing to do is to advise any guy friend talking about feeding his girl AAS to encourage his girlfriend to do her homework? Be smart.

I am a 53 year old female and I have a question on how steroids affect a female who has had a Hysterectomy and is not taken hormones?

Last edited:
I am a 53 year old female and I have a question on how steroids affect a female who has had a Hysterectomy and is not taken hormones?

There's no easy answer for that. How're your hormones now? Chances are you'll feel good on cycle but really struggle coming off.

I would imagine you would respond well and notice a spike in libido and well being. Like someone mentioned,,,coming off is where there could be an issue.

Thanks for the answers but what is the problem with coming off steroids?

Two things....everyone is different so we are speaking in generalizations and some of this is simplified because the hormonal cycles are so complex.

The simple answer is that many women feel really good with increased testosterone in their body while on a cycle, ie: mood improves, stronger, better recovery and so on. When you stop the cycle your mood can crash, you feel "depressed" and can feel somewhat lethargic. Everyone is different but it can take a good 3-6 months for your hormones to re-balance themselves out. Post Cycle Therapy or PCT is not as effective for women as it is for men and it's really a matter of letting your body even out.

That's why I asked what your hormones are like now? If you struggle with imbalances a cycle could really throw you but then again, maybe not. I've struggled with imbalances most of my adult life and the older I got, the bigger the crash at the end of the cycle and it took longer to get back in balance.

Top Bottom