Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anavar - gains, numbness & other sides

I don't seem to be retaining a lot of water, and i've been using the creatine supplements for over a year with no similar issues. It just started out of nowhere one night last week...

There seem to be an endless number of possible causes for it! Most recent one i've seen is repetitive strain injury. The tendons in my wrists/arms have been sore since i've increased the lifting intensity, but not bad enough to stop me training.

Just think there must be something to it if so many lifters have the same problem!!

Read about Nerve Compression. If you gain weight fast and hold pumps for a long time, this can cause pressure on the nerves where they pass along muscle/tendons/bones, and can cause exactly what you are experiencing. I have diabetic neuropathy, so I'm especially prone to this.

I think you could have nailed it. I think a combination of the intensive training plus rapid muscle growth is affecting the tendons/nerves. Symptoms seem to be textbook Carpal Tunnel or Radial Tunnel Syndrome.

I guess I'm gonna have to ease up on the lifting to avoid any long term injury. It's a bit of a blow psychologically, especially when the results have been so good so far.......

So can anyone recommend how I should plan my var cycles? ie Intensive, short cycles - or - Medium intensity longer cycles?

I think you could have nailed it. I think a combination of the intensive training plus rapid muscle growth is affecting the tendons/nerves. Symptoms seem to be textbook Carpal Tunnel or Radial Tunnel Syndrome.

I guess I'm gonna have to ease up on the lifting to avoid any long term injury. It's a bit of a blow psychologically, especially when the results have been so good so far.......

So can anyone recommend how I should plan my var cycles? ie Intensive, short cycles - or - Medium intensity longer cycles?
There are specific stretching exercises and sleep techniques designed to help with nerve compression (help move the nerve in and out of the tunnel). I'd look into that.

numbness in the arms would have to be from some sort of pathology in the neck. I am guessing a pinched nerve.

is it numbness or pins an needle's ? do you find your self getting pins an needle's very easily ?

it's pins and needles - don't normally have any problems with it, only since i ramped up the training intensity. I've had a couple of days rest, and it seems to be improving slowly. Don't want to lose the momentum though....

it's pins and needles - don't normally have any problems with it, only since i ramped up the training intensity. I've had a couple of days rest, and it seems to be improving slowly. Don't want to lose the momentum though....

i get the same thing its from putting on size rapidly it will go away after you body has become use to the new mass.. continue your cycle an training an be happy mate it mean your growing!! .. i am no doctor but i have an am currently experiencing this my self . an there are some older threads on the matter that may go into more detail .

Guys,

Newby here.

I'm 4 weeks into an Anavar (50mg ed) + creatine cycle (10mg ed). I am training 6 days pw - no cardio - 3500 cals per day (clean eating).

I'm 29 yrs old, 6ft, 189lbs, 12% BF

Good points:

-10lbs of lean gains
-great pumps
-strength increased 10-15%
-rapid recovery

Now for the bad:

-slight acne
-slight insomnia
-NUMB ARMS/HANDS WHILE SLEEPING

The numbness is driving me crazy, I get it even if i do not sleep on my arms. I've read a lot on these forums, and such a side effect seems common on GH, but not var??

Having read up on as much as i can, i'm trying to work out what it is, based on common trends:

-rapid muscle growth
-injury caused by heavy lifting- ie Carpal Tunnel, rotator cuff
-pinched nerve - deltoid, bicep, neck
-water retention

Has anyone else had this on var? Does it stop when the cycle stops?

I was gonna do 6 weeks, but tempted to cut it at 4 to try and see if this helps...

Try some Melatonin 3mg before bed for sleep,,or some ZMA.
Ive not heard the complaints of 'numbness' really ever with ANAVAR use.

numbness in the arms would have to be from some sort of pathology in the neck. I am guessing a pinched nerve.
If it's hands and forearms, it easily could be nerve compression in the elbow, which is VERY common with gaining alot of weight and muscle pumps. The ulnar nerve is very sensitive to this because it passes through the cubital tunnel which is mostly muscle and tendon pathways (and less bone). Extreme muscle pumps and certain exercises can actually cause the ulnar nerve to shift across the elbow unnaturally and become pinned.

Top Bottom