Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I the only one that doesn't care about my weight? Mirror, mirror!

lincoln

I used to play the scale games, weighing myself every couple days, everyday while on. Then I lost 7 pounds while on a cycle. I was on dbol/test/eq at the time with no change in diet. I had been off the dbol for 4 days so it was all water.

On that day I let it ruin my workout because 7 is a big number over a 4 day period. Then I woke up the next day looked in the mirror and I was more defined and looked no smaller. Took my arm, chest and leg measurements. No changes there.

I have no idea where the the lose came from cause I am swole as fuck.

I realized that the scale is a bad thing sometimes and that my weight doesnt matter, only the way I look. Becasue lets face it, the way you look regulates the way you feel.

My .02

I agree. I believe body fat is a more important factor. The scale provides an instrument of measure, but it isn't the only consideration. If you're big and ripped, that's what counts. Weight becomes more important if you're trying to make a weight class, otherwise, use the mirror and let that be your judge.

oh yeah i am glad to hear you say this..i preach it all the time. it doesnt matter what you weigh..it matters how big you look. it doesnt matter how big your arms are...i matters how big they look. well atleast for bodybuilders.

ive noticed that the scale plays huge games with my head. peoples weight fluctuates upto like 8 pounds a day or something, and still knowing that i would let a pound difference from one day to the next ruin my workout/day/week.

looking in the mirror is definitly the way to go.

trial0r said:
ive noticed that the scale plays huge games with my head. peoples weight fluctuates upto like 8 pounds a day or something, and still knowing that i would let a pound difference from one day to the next ruin my workout/day/week.

looking in the mirror is definitly the way to go.

Its even worse when you come off. If you see your weight going down it crushes your ego, even though you look the same.

I HATE SCALES

For a long time I have let that damn thing control my mind. O I am getting smaller, cool I gained a few pounds.

I dont even step on one anymore. I will look in the mirror and if I look good, that is all that matters...

I'm guilty of letting the scale rule my workouts. I'm a hardgainer so I see every pound as a win or a loss. After Fina, I lost about 7 lbs. Damn near killed me. I'm still reeling from it actually. I was up to 229 and now I'm at 223. :(

yeah I don't weigh my self on a daily basis anymore, I just way my self after I see or feel a difference in strength. and the scale usually back up the way i look. but not always, like now I feel that I am getting leaner and stronger, but weight is still the same, cause I am replacing the fat with muscle, but i am happy cause i am looking better and not fatter.

Better to use the mirror, than the scale.

I consistently lose 3.5lbs from the time I go to sleep, to when I weigh myself again when I wake up.
I weigh about 185lbs.

You have to think that of it this way:

1 gallon of water = 8.33lbs.

60% of your body is water, and lose water through perspiration, breathing, urination, and other body chemical reactions.

Now, I know I drink about 1.5-2 gals a water a day, plus other food/beverages that contains water. At any given time, my weight could be fluctuating easily 1 gallon or ~ 8lbs throughout the day depending on the time.

And I am a lightweight compared to most of the guys here, whose weight could easily change 10+ lbs during the day.

The only problem with the mirror is that it's somewhat subjective....picture comparisons are a good judge IMO.

Top Bottom