Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it always needed to increase poundages to gain more mass?

Toenail Juice Z

For example I can barbell curl (EZ-BAR) 220lbs but I just don't feel that burn (and no I don't cheat. I keep my back staight all the time).

When I barbell curl 176lbs or 198lbs I feel that muscle tiredness, that burn.

Please tell me the poundage rules, and what is most beneficial for increasing muscle mass.:)

that burn is probably lactic acid building up because you can bust out greater reps with the lighter weight. my recommendation would be if u want to gain mass, use perfect form, lift as heavy as possible, train to failure.

In bodybuilding, training heavy doesn't mean training with the heaviest weights your joints can handle, it means taking a muscle to failure using strict form. This requires "heavy" weights. Heavy is a relative term; 200 lbs may be heavy for me, but it might not be heavy for you.

And to answer your question, no. Poundage does not rule in my opinion. To many ppl use too much poundage and very sloppy form. An increase in reps with the same amount of weight will increase muscle mass. How many ppl do you see trying to get an extra rep in the gym as opposed to adding 10lbs to the bar? As Dorian
Yates use to say: sometimes in bodybuilding, it's not what you do, but what you don't do that makes the difference. Bottom, Trying to add too much poundage to fast is the best way not to gain in Bodybuilding, besides injuries.

Andy69 your point is well taken, you see to many guys useing asshole form attempting to lift a weight to heavy for them. There are a number of ways to increase intensity without increasing the weight. Yes lift heavy but also lift correctly.

BigAndy69 said:
In bodybuilding, training heavy doesn't mean training with the heaviest weights your joints can handle, it means taking a muscle to failure using strict form. This requires "heavy" weights. Heavy is a relative term; 200 lbs may be heavy for me, but it might not be heavy for you.

And to answer your question, no. Poundage does not rule in my opinion. To many ppl use too much poundage and very sloppy form. An increase in reps with the same amount of weight will increase muscle mass. How many ppl do you see trying to get an extra rep in the gym as opposed to adding 10lbs to the bar? As Dorian
Yates use to say: sometimes in bodybuilding, it's not what you do, but what you don't do that makes the difference. Bottom, Trying to add too much poundage to fast is the best way not to gain in Bodybuilding, besides injuries.

Nice response, brother! :)

Top Bottom