Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ALA plus insulin. Really, really good idea, or really, really BAD and dangerous idea?

rangerx83

I remember Fonz, saying on this board that ALA should be used when using insulin, since it will prevent you fom getting fat. Now until I heard that, I was telling my insulin using friends not to combine the two, since they both can put you in a hypo-glycemic state. The two combined may beeven more dangerous, but I don't know. Then again maybe it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Thoughts?

rangerx83

i think it's a veeeerryyyyy veeerrry bad idea as I'm hypoglycemic and I was passing out just from taking 200mg of ALA. I didn't even know it was the ALA until I noticed everytime I took it I felt like eating and sleeping. I also was taking Cell Tech which I noticed that I was getting more tired than usual taking it. I had to stop it cuz I was just wayyyy too tired. And now that I've supplemented ALA by itself I see that it was probably the ALA in the Cell Tech that made me sleepy.

Last edited:
I don't know about it preventing you from becoming fat but I do know that ALA increases insulin sensitivity, and therefore is good when used with insulin to increase it's effectiveness. Maybe the reason it prevents you from becoming fat is because you won't need as much insulin to get the most effective results(not sure) because as we all know, insulin is anabolic to both muscle and fat cells.

BTW- insulin is not a drug to toy with. Im sure you know this as well already well at least you should. Just remember for every i.u. of insulin you take in take in 10 grams of high glycemic carbs.

Mike P.T. said:
BTW- insulin is not a drug to toy with. Im sure you know this as well already well at least you should. Just remember for every i.u. of insulin you take in take in 10 grams of high glycemic carbs.

Yes, that is exactly my concern, that if you add ALA to the mix you may need to up the amount of carbs to maybe 40-50 grams per i.u. of insulin just so you don't go into a hypoglycemic coma.

Anyway for me right now, the point is moot, since I'm getting great results from ALA + anabolics alone.

regards,

Rangerx83

Top Bottom