Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

After that much... What would you do different now?

As you may guess I ask this mostly in terms of Anabolic Steroids cycles but let's include Nutrition and Workouts.

What has been your biggest mistake and what would you do different if you could?

I will start... I haven't do any cycle because I cannot afford NTBM ancillaries so I cannot speak about it, that aside...

What I have done wrong is doing to many workouts with less than 8 reps, working out a muscle group 1 time a week, eating too many calories, eating too many fats and eating too many protein.

I do it different now by doing 10-12 reps, working out the same muscle 3 times a week, eating TDEE + 250 calories a day, eating less than 15% of fats and eating 150 grs of protein a day.

Your turn :D :D :D :D :D

Good question. I find that over the years I've simplified everything -- diet, training, cycles. Not so much in that I do LESS, it's just that I don't do what isn't as effective as the stuff that is.

Good question. I find that over the years I've simplified everything -- diet, training, cycles. Not so much in that I do LESS, it's just that I don't do what isn't as effective as the stuff that is.

Thanks a lot for your answer Mr. Nelson, I talk a lot with my father (60) and he also simplifies everything as much as he can.
I am a firm believer that one of the secrets to sucess is hearing people with experience like you, I feel like shit when I see some 30 years old disrespecting you.
Thanks for your opinion, you know that yours and RADAR's opinion means A LOT for me.

Realise just how important diet is.. an awesome training routine will get you no where if you dont eat properly..

From my very early day spending to much on supps and not enough on food

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Realise just how important diet is.. an awesome training routine will get you no where if you dont eat properly..

From my very early day spending to much on supps and not enough on food

Ditto, couldn't put it any better in my perspective. You can't grow if you don't eat. Hell I remeber buying things like anti-catabolics, expensive protein, fucking bullshit products too like deer antler velvet... Now I buy the cheapest protein I can find, protein is protein and even if it's not as good "quality" you shouldn't worry about it because you should be hitting your macros with mostly food.

Training wise I haven't made many mistakes, unless you count when I first picked up weights and would curl a 10lb DB until failure every gym class haha.

Yeap ... same here. If I could go 20 years back in time, I would educate myself properly on 1. The importance of diet 2. Not believing everything you read in the BB Mags 3. The pleasure you experience when you do not overcomplicate and overthink shit.

Wish I would have had aromasin starting out. I was trying to fight gyno from aromatizing compounds with nolva or nothing at all

AAS wise I wish I didnt listen to the guy who set up my cycle and did my own research.. paid dearly for that error in judgement

Much like Nelson, for me its about simplification. Focusing on the basics, that means basic nutrition and giving the body what it needs (which cant be gained from diet alone). Basic compound exercises skipping all the little fluff stuff.

I do it different now by doing 10-12 reps, working out the same muscle 3 times a week, eating TDEE + 250 calories a day, eating less than 15% of fats and eating 150 grs of protein a day.

While this may work for you, its not a one size fits all. As I am now closer to 50 than 40, there is no way I could work out the same muscle groups 3 times a week and make any progress. I focus on heavy compound movements and the CNS demands are simply too much to handle that frequency. Rep range is dependent on your goals. im 5'11" 260lbs I dont want to gain any more mass, I have a hard enough time finding clothes to fit now. high reps will simply cause more hypertrophy when what I want is pure unadulterated strength, i dont need to look strong as long as I am strong. I agree that protein consumption is overrated but your outlook on fat is flawed. Simple Carbs are actually the cause of high cholesterol and a whole slew of other problems. Fats are essential for life. Eating quality carbs from fresh fruits and veggies, protein from lean meats and fats from nuts etc its actually very hard to consume enough food to maintain any size.

this isn't weight related but I wish I wouldn't of fucked up my legs from overtraining when I was an endurance athlete. I really messed myself up.. plantar fasciitis, ankle fucked up, shin splints, etc. I ran through it all instead of resting and listened to idiots who told me to take anti-inflammatories and just 'run through it' .. that's why I am passionate now when I tell guys not to rush things and to listen to their bodies when it comes to lifting.

when some skinny guy says he wants to put on 30 pounds on a cycle I cringe.. its not me being jealous or not wanting them to succeed (that is what some idiots on here think).. its me knowing if they rush things like that and juice before they are ready and over do it they will 100% fuck themselves up just like how I messed myself up as a runner rushing things.. my 5K time went from 27 minutes to 17 minutes in 6 months.. that's an insane improvement and I wasn't even using any PED's. so imagine a weightlifting who pounds away and improves his lifts quickly with the aid of AAS how much damage their bodies will go through

Last edited:
Top Bottom