Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Adding HCG late in a cycle...

DisTreSs

I just read the interesting article by Eric Potratz on this site and am now kicking myself in the a$$...

Since I'm new to AAS I thought I would keep my first cycle as basic as possible by limiting the amount of compounds used but I guess it just does not work this way...

I'm in week 10 of the following cycle:
1-16 500mg EQ (some weeks ended up being closer to 600mg though)
1-18 250mg Test E (limited Test used to check for androgenic sides as firsttime user)
PCT Nolva 40/20/20/20 and clomid 100/50/50/50

Now that I read the article, I regret not using HCG since week 2 of the cycle especially since I've had it on hand since day one...
The boys are definitely lots smaller down there now and I'm wondering what I should do:
- stick to the original plan
- start implementing a modified HCG strategy from now on (still E3D but at what dosage and for how long?)
- Use the 'old' way of high HCG dosing at the end of the cycle and prior to PCT

Any input is more than welcome!

I did a similar thing. 400mg testE 600mgEQ. I started hcg week 8 @ 250iu 2X/wk and the boys are back to full size. I'm at week 11 now.

If you have enough HCG, and since you still have 6 weeks left in your cycle, then I would add 500iu's a week. It would not hurt. It really is a personal call you. You can start now with smaller doses or wait until the end and do 10 days @ 500iu's a day.

With you only being on your second cycle, it might not make a huge difference. A lot of those articles are great, but they are from people that are a lot more experienced than you. Later on down the road, you wont get as much out of your cycles as you are doing now and then applying those techniques might help you save or gain an extra 3-5 lbs of muscle.

just wait until your last shot of eq...take 5-10 500iu ed shots of hcg..they will be back to normal then..no reason to take it all the way thru

hmmm 500iu ED, that's 3500iu per week that's a huge jump from the initial 500iu recommended by both Stock69 and HOLYSHITLOOK@ME...
On the other hand it is more in line with what the article stated: 40iu per non-LH producing day wich in my case (9 weeks = 63days = 2520iu/week) would amount to 2520iu in the first week as a kick start if I decide to go ahead with it right now.
If I start it only at the end of the EQ I would be at 40iu*105days = 4200iu as kickstart!

I only have 5000iu at my disposal right now so I want to get this right ;)

If you have enough HCG, and since you still have 6 weeks left in your cycle, then I would add 500iu's a week. It would not hurt. It really is a personal call you. You can start now with smaller doses or wait until the end and do 10 days @ 500iu's a day.

With you only being on your second cycle, it might not make a huge difference. A lot of those articles are great, but they are from people that are a lot more experienced than you. Later on down the road, you wont get as much out of your cycles as you are doing now and then applying those techniques might help you save or gain an extra 3-5 lbs of muscle.

The reason I started to get worried about this is not with regards to maximizing gains but rather the mention in the article with regards to testicular functioning and/or size not fully returning to normal if HCG is not started early on.
Does this mean that all those guys that were on non-HCG accompanied cycles and only used the common nolva/clomid PCT will never have full natural test production and/or testicular size at any point in the future?
If so to what degree are we talking here? If this only implies taking a hit of 1% each per cycle you're on without HCG, I'm still not too worried. If it's a significant decrease than that's another matter...

Ok, what do you guys think about this then?
- kick-start week 12 with 1750iu (7x250iu)
- subsequent weeks 250iu E3D
--> with the 5000iu I have that would mean I would run out of HCG at the end my cycle (day 4 of week 18 would be my last shot)

This would be followed by 2 weeks of nothing and then starting PCT.

Last edited:
hmmm 500iu ED, that's 3500iu per week that's a huge jump from the initial 500iu recommended by both Stock69 and HOLYSHITLOOK@ME...
On the other hand it is more in line with what the article stated: 40iu per non-LH producing day wich in my case (9 weeks = 63days = 2520iu/week) would amount to 2520iu in the first week as a kick start if I decide to go ahead with it right now.
If I start it only at the end of the EQ I would be at 40iu*105days = 4200iu as kickstart!

I only have 5000iu at my disposal right now so I want to get this right ;)
if you only have 5000iu you need to use it wihtin 30 days anyways or its garbage... it doesnt stay good for more then 30 days once mixed...

ive done it 500iu e3d thru cycle..ive done it 500iu ed last 5-10 days before pct..all ends up the same way...i prefer it at the end because long term hcg use made my nuts sensitive and painful..

Yeah ur gonna get varying opinions on this bro... I'd say hit 500iu E3 or E4D till its gone and you should be fine. Don't overthink it, your boys would eventually come back even without HCG, esp from such a light cycle. You'll be good.

Top Bottom