Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Acetyl L Carnitine and Taurine

C

cbeaks

I am probably going to order some Acetyl L Carnitine from BAC. The main reason I am taking it is for my heart and hopefully to burn some more fat. It is sold in 100 gram bottles for a pretty good price. How much should I take per day? Should I spread it out through the day or just take it before workouts? I will also order Taurine for my heart. Same question on that. How much per day and when to take it?

cbeaks said:
I am probably going to order some Acetyl L Carnitine from BAC. The main reason I am taking it is for my heart and hopefully to burn some more fat. It is sold in 100 gram bottles for a pretty good price. How much should I take per day? Should I spread it out through the day or just take it before workouts? I will also order Taurine for my heart. Same question on that. How much per day and when to take it?

3g/day is the absolute minimum I have seen in studies for cardiac protective properties. In the morning is fine. It gives some people insomnia if taken after 4 PM.

At higher dosages......5-10g/day it works as an amazing nootropic.

cbeaks said:

Addendum: L-Taurine is mainly for BP.

15g 7.5g 2X/day morning and night. Works very well if your BP is in the upper middle range. It will decrease it to the normal range.

Thanks Fonz, I was hoping you would respond. I have also read that taurine can lower your heartrate. My heartrate is pretty high and I was hoping it would help that as well. I read in another thread that you said to take 1000mg of r-ala/day also. How much would someone take of normal ala for the same benefits?

Veretta9 said:
Info on why you are taking it for your heart?

high heart rate. I am a bit concerned with my heart with past supplement usage and I want to take protective measures. My heart is already a bit enlarged and I know there isn't a supplement that will correct that.

cbeaks said:
Thanks Fonz, I was hoping you would respond. I have also read that taurine can lower your heartrate. My heartrate is pretty high and I was hoping it would help that as well. I read in another thread that you said to take 1000mg of r-ala/day also. How much would someone take of normal ala for the same benefits?

If ALA does not give you that acidic after-taste in your stomach: 3000mg

If it does, take it with TUMS(Cacium Caseinate) 750mg or 1000mg tabs 7-8/day. They have these new quick dissolving ones that work way better than the old ones and are sugar-free as well. 750mg only and a bit more exopensive though.

Top Bottom