Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Accutane Timeline Question

nydj66

The Primo cycle I'm on right now has been awful on my complexion. So today I started with 75mg/day of isotretinoin (plan to run it for 6 months).

I know I can expect dry eyes, lips, and sinuses and that the acne will get better before it gets worse.

I'm just wondering what the timeline is for these effects? How long will it take for the acne to get better and does the dryness get better over time or does it last as long as you're taking the accutane?

Would appreciate input from anyone with experience.

dry lips for me was the main problem,,noticed about two weeks after starting accutane, no amount of chapstick, or any other lip balm or other product helped,,,after two cycles of accutane i never had a problem with oily skin..the only downside of accutane for me was the hairloss (was not TE, mooved my hairline back a good two inches)

I'd seriously advise you to see a doctor about obtaining accutane, they take blood tests and all types of tests on you for that, it's very serious, bad on your liver too. If i rmemeber correctly the duration is six months. Accutane uis not hard to obtain from a doctor, just make an appointment and if you have acne, well they'll get it for you and make sure your body is fine with tests and checkups on you, they'll watch everything, you just got to make the visit. Dryness of lips doesn't change, just always carry lip balm, but even that doesn't help much. Acne or dry lips? i'd rather choose dry lips for a little while than acne for a long while. Sacrifice, sacrifice. You'll see small results over time as you get closer to the end of duration, parts of your face will clear up and you'll notice less and less acne until it's gone and you won't even remember what it was like to have it.

You should probably have your doctor monitor your therapy. Accutane is taken for 15 to 20 weeks. It can carry some hefty side effects including liver damage, blood dyscrasias (increase your platelet count, and erythrocyte sedimentation rate) as well as increase your triglyceride levels. These can be pretty serious occurences. Monthly blood work is usually taken to monitor these things. But the funny thing is, as I type this, I think to myself, steroids cause some hefty side effects as well and many people do not get monitored by a doctor so why should Accutane be any different.
<Shrug> You should have a doctor follow you on this. As the above people mentioned, the dry lips and dry mucous membranes are awful. Many other common side effects as well.

DM

Top Bottom