Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abscess on shoulder, Need some helpful advice, Quick!!

hayesjones

Alright, I have taken numerous, and I mean numerous shots in the shoulders. I have always used 1inch syrings with no problems. Well I have had a good size knot on my left sholder going on two and a half days. Its got a little smaller. I actually stuck a 18gauge in it last night to see if I could pullout anything besides blood, but to no avail.

I thought that putting some heat and massaging it would help ,but now Im told that heat would only inflame it and to use ice.

I just had my gyno worked on last week so Im luckly taken antibiotics already?

Anyone have a rather large bump and did it go away or what?

help a brother out!

I still

have a smallish lump on my glute, from an infection the size of your hand, after about 5 days of cephlexan at 1000mg the redness and swelling went away. I have since injected 2 times in that area only to spill alot of blood, otherwise it does not hurt at all.
If it is red, feverish go to the doctor, i am glad that I did. If it is just a lump try heating pad and massage am and pm for a few days. I personally would not try to drain it myself that can lead to spreading any infection you might have, be patient and believe me I wasn't and it drove me nuts.......short driveLOL

Note: the heating can help reduce the viscosity of the oil, cold packs will reduce the size of the lump but will cause the oil to become very thick, you might alternate.

thanks for the info, gethard1!

Im taking antibiotics, so Im not to worried about it spreading. I just want this freaking akorn to go away!!

If it is going down a little, that is a good sign. The body will often absorb the fluid inside. Just watch it, and like gethard1 said, if it gets real bad see a doctor. I've cut them open on animals, and let me tell you, it is not a pretty procedure, so i wouldn't reccomend doing it you self.

I haven't had an abcess so far. I have had oil that was taking longer than I like to absorb. I did the following: after washing I put some DMSO on the site and covering it with some plastic, I applied a heat pack. I did it a few times and it worked for me.

Hmmm, I had the beginnings of abscess (as I posted some time ago). My doctor prescribed and antibiotic, and instructed me to apply heat and massage the area. His reasoning was the heat will allow the oil to thin slightly, dispersing a higher rate. Ice would seem to me to result in the opposite effect?? Unfortunately I can't tell you factually but it would make sense...

ive said this before....DO NOT OPEN IT. If it is an abscess, you can "help" your body force it to the skin to drain itself by using a warm compress. NOT HOT........but warm like a hot shower warm for no more than 20 minutes at a time. This also works for boils/pimples on your face that havent headed yet.

T

Top Bottom