Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AAS and high cholesterol

Lumberg

Ok AAS makes yoru blood levels of cholesterol rise. That's a fact, right?

Cholesterol is a precursor to testosterone in the body.

Is is possible that the reason c levels rise with AAS use is because cholesterol production continues but it's not getting turned into test and other sex hormones?

Just a thought.

Also, in liht of the first fact woudl it be advisable for AAS users to pursue a low-fat diet until PCT starts?

Lumberg said:
Ok AAS makes yoru blood levels of cholesterol rise. That's a fact, right?

Cholesterol is a precursor to testosterone in the body.

Is is possible that the reason c levels rise with AAS use is because cholesterol production continues but it's not getting turned into test and other sex hormones?

Just a thought.

Also, in liht of the first fact woudl it be advisable for AAS users to pursue a low-fat diet until PCT starts?

Sorry, no dice....

LDL rises, HDL lowers.......but your thinking is a bit off track.

:chomp:

Last edited:
HDL (good cholesterol)lowers, and LDL (bad cholesterol)rises....the ratio gets all F-ed up when "on". Niacin will help keep the HDL up, but is also hepatotoxic in gm+ dosages needed to be effective. E, policosonol, red yeast rice...all lower LDL. Yes, I agree, I don't go crazy on the fats....Besides, it just adds more bodyfat, that needs to be lost.

If you want to understand cholesterol, buy "The Cholesterol Myths" by Uffe Ravnskov. The information he gives will blow away anything you have ever heard.

Please elaborate - that book sounds great! Amazon.com???

Thanks!

S

Yep, that's probably the best place to get it.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/103-9884663-4119849?v=glance&s=books

It's kinda hard for me to elaborate on the book because it covers pretty much every aspect of cholesterol, including the misinformation that's out there (lots of it). I can tell you though, that every fact he gives is backed up not only with his source of information, but often with the raw data inserted into the book for you to compare the statistics yourself. Boring as that sounds, I couldn't put the book down and he uses a clever sense of humor when the time is right. It's too bad not all authors have decent writing skills...

I hate fanatical book reviews, so I won't point you to any links =)

Top Bottom