Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AAS and Genetic Potential

BigLP

Let me start off by saying I am no where near my genetic potential so that is not my concern. I am 5'10, 202 lbs, 21 years old, 12.5%BF so i should have awhile to go. But I have been thinking lately...
Is there any actual proof to a genetic limit?

I mean technically that would have to be a very specific point where your body would completely stop hypertrophy as if its coded in your DNA. And if there is proof that everyone has a limit, what role would AAS have on that limit? Im looking for some factual data moreso than someone just repeating what they read someone else who has no credibility say.

All opinions/ knowledge welcome, I'd love to learn anything I can about this. Also if there are any articles that can shed light on my curiosity I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Nobody knows and nobody ever waits to find out before taking gear. Just wait a reasonable amount of time in your life before starting, then take reasonable cycles and let the chips fall where they may and thats all you can do about it.

I don't know much about it but I would say more "genetic restrictions" instead of limit. Genetics have a HUGE role in bodybuilding or just appearance in general. A specific limit where your body stops growing is kind of silly... but there are definitely restrictions on how big you can get and how fast you can do it...and more importantly, the effort needed to get there.

I doubt if there is an actual physiologically defined limit. But in practical terms people hit the wall all the time and can't improve. Roids are one way to get past that wall, but a new trainer, new routine, new diet, higher intensity, etc are other ways. The longer you train, the harder it is to find something that works. No one just keeps getting bigger and stronger forever.

No one just keeps getting bigger and stronger forever.

So instead of genetic limit could it instead be an age thing? With other factors aside of course could it be in simpler terms "gain as much as you can until your body starts to become on the decline"? I just am having trouble buying into the whole "genetic limitation" thing. I guess it makes more sense putting it in terms that genetics will play a role in how fast you can gain muscle at a certain point but then again that "certain point" can just become an age argument.

How come it doesnt play a role into how fat you can get then?

Just trying to make sense of the whole thing sorry if I am being obnoxious.... Joeblob is an awesome name!

Also what you described seems more like the body's ability to adapt rather than a genetic factor considering the "hitting the wall" argument.

please use the search button on the site... there's a new thread about this damn near every week and its getting tiring... im not trying to be a dick but it gets old seeing the same thing week after week because noone wants to do a simple search...

Top Bottom