Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AAS and Genetic Potential

So instead of genetic limit could it instead be an age thing? With other factors aside of course could it be in simpler terms "gain as much as you can until your body starts to become on the decline"? I just am having trouble buying into the whole "genetic limitation" thing. I guess it makes more sense putting it in terms that genetics will play a role in how fast you can gain muscle at a certain point but then again that "certain point" can just become an age argument.

How come it doesnt play a role into how fat you can get then?

Just trying to make sense of the whole thing sorry if I am being obnoxious.... Joeblob is an awesome name!

Also what you described seems more like the body's ability to adapt rather than a genetic factor considering the "hitting the wall" argument.

It's not just about age. Genetics definitely play a part. When you start lifting, it triggers a whole crap load of metabolic changes that lead to muscle growth. Over time, you keep lifting, and eventually you don't gain. Why?

My guess is that's its really complex feedback mechanisms, where your body "knows" you have enough muscle, and therefore prioritizes other things (fat storage for example).
Your genetics will play a part in how much muscle you have before your body decides that growing muscle isn't important any more.
When that happens you try and reset your body's set point by putting extreme stress on it, hoping you get back on the anabolic path. Drugs also help reset your body's set point.

But, sooner or later even drugs and hard work stop stimulating anabolism. Either you just don't have the physical ability to work any harder, or you get to the point where injuries prevent further progress.

But if you actually get to that wall you are already a monster. The average guy who says he has hit his genetic limit just hasn't found the right level of work, diet etc, to restimulate growth.

i agree with what headholio has said.

i will add that we are humans, not robots. if you are sick running a 100 degree fever you probably are gonna have a tough time in the gym. or if you have an injury.. or if you haven't slept well in the past couple days.. or if you eat trashy food etc. many factors dictate how your body will react.... and its not plausible to expect yourself to always improve every time you go into the gym.

at 21 your best days are way ahead of you though, i can assure you.

Top Bottom