Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5, 5/3/1 while on AAS

the.gladiator1987

Platinum
Is this ok? Seems like I would mess the program up because id be able to make more gains then the program calls for. And Im too OCD to mess with that shit lol. Basically wanting to get stronger on cycle, and then maybe do a 5x5 or 5/3/1 after PCT?

Right now my training is 16-20 sets per bodypart, 2 lighter sets, 2 heavier set and then 1 set to failure. (This is nomaks666's routine or similar to it).

I love the 5/3/1

You have the basic strength component with the 5/3/1 scheme, and you can focus on size/strength/endurance/whatever with your accessory lifts.I love the fact that you are basically hitting PRs every workout.

5x5 is a good option too, but I personally favor the 5/3/1 for the above reasons.

But how would I set up the 5/3/1 on cycle, Would I have to do 90% of my max and go from there? Do I add 15lbs instead of 5-10 when im done with the 4week cycle?

But how would I set up the 5/3/1 on cycle, Would I have to do 90% of my max and go from there? Do I add 15lbs instead of 5-10 when im done with the 4week cycle?

Hmmm, You are obviously going to get strong as fuck on cycle, but the 5/3/1 and 5x5 both place limits on those gains since you increase the weights by percentage. I would probably continue on with the volume training on cycle and then pick up post cycle with the 5/3/1 working off of you new maxes.

Hmmm, You are obviously going to get strong as fuck on cycle, but the 5/3/1 and 5x5 both place limits on those gains since you increase the weights by percentage. I would probably continue on with the volume training on cycle and then pick up post cycle with the 5/3/1 working off of you new maxes.

Thats what I was thinking, that was my question:D My last cycle I did the 5x5 after cycle (after PCT) and i was making strength gains right away.

One other question, from reading it seems like the linear 5x5 would be my best option because you make PR's every week from week 4 and on, but 5/3/1 seems like you make a PR, drop the weight and in 4 weeks make another PR, is that right?

PM me . I think I stll hav wendlers 5/3/1 template. Been doing the program for a month and seein great strength gains.

Top Bottom