Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

20 most dangerous drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatyana

Elite Mentor
BBC Horizon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/prog...band/tx/drugs/

Recent research has analysed the link between the harmful effects of drugs relative to their current classification by law with some startling conclusions.

Perhaps most startling of all is that alcohol, solvents and tobacco (all unclassified drugs) are rated more dangerous than ecstasy, 4-MTA and LSD (all class A drugs). If the current ABC system is retained, alcohol would be rated a class A drug and tobacco class B.

The scientists involved, including members of the government's top advisory committee on drug classification, have produced a rigorous assessment of the social and individual harm caused by 20 of the UK's most dangerous drugs and believe this should form the basis of future ranking.

They think the current ABC system is arbitrary and not based on any scientific evidence.

The drug policies have remained unchanged over the last 40 years so should they be reformed in the light of new research?

Scientific Listing of Dangerous Drugs

20 Khat
19 Poppers - Amyl Nitrate
18 Ecstasy
17 GHB
16 Steroids
15 Methylpherdirate
14 LSD
13 4 MTA - designer replacement for X
12 Solvents
11 Cannabis
10 Buprenophrerine - replacement for heroin
9 Tobacco
8 Amphetamines
7 Benzodiazepines - valium
6 Ketamine
5 Alcohol
4 Street Methadone
3 Barbituates
2 Cocaine
1 Heroin

Another article from BBC news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6474053.stm

The original research is from The Lancet

IS this list in an ascending order of least to most dangerous? if so its bullshit there is no way ecstacy is less dangerous than weed.

enacer420nj said:
IS this list in an ascending order of least to most dangerous? if so its bullshit there is no way ecstacy is less dangerous than weed.
I still feel Tobacco should be number 1. It kills more people then all of them together.

perryscoon said:
That list makes no sense whatsoever. Please show me all the deaths from weed or steroids.

The original scientific research considered more than just the number of deaths when listing the drugs.

It also considered addictiveness, general harm to the body, cost to society and I forget if there was anything else.

I am not sure what you lads are moaning about, a lot of drugs that were previously considered 'really BAD' have been proven by science to be incorrectly classified and not as dangerous as most people have thought.

needtogetaas said:
I still feel Tobacco should be number 1. It kills more people then all of them together.

I think that in the UK, alcohol kills more people and costs more to the national health service.

Tatyana said:
The original scientific research considered more than just the number of deaths when listing the drugs.

It also considered addictiveness, general harm to the body, cost to society and I forget if there was anything else.

I am not sure what you lads are moaning about, a lot of drugs that were previously considered 'really BAD' have been proven by science to be incorrectly classified and not as dangerous as most people have thought.
AAS is good for us. So just take it off the list :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom