Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

On a 100iu insulin syringe....

Smokescreen

Experienced Noob
Platinum
Where is the first iu? Is it the first line? But I counted all the lines on the syringe and there are only 50 lines! Not 100 lines! So it baffles me as to where is the first or the second iu on a 100iu insulin syringe.

Carth said:
Slin. What's up THX!

Hey, Carth...

Slin is supposed to be 100iu/ML. And your 100 unit syringe should be 1ml (or labled 1cc). It should be marked with "10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100" for each 10unit increment. Then there are the little dashes between the markings for 10, 20, 30...Those little dashes are 2units each (five marks between 10 and 20). So, long story short, the first iu is half way between the nothing and the first little dash.

So if I wanted say 4ius of Slin...then I would pull back until the second dash right? And if I wanted 6ius of slin...then I would pull back until the 3 dash..right?

Carth said:
So if I wanted say 4ius of Slin...then I would pull back until the second dash right? And if I wanted 6ius of slin...then I would pull back until the 3 dash..right?

Yes, 2x2=4 and 2x3=6.

Top Bottom