Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working on that beautiful bod! (new)

Hashtaggirlgamer

So a little background on me: I was really depressed when I got pregnant (seven years ago) and gained a lot of weight. I didn't eat poorly, it was just too often and too much, and not enough activity. I'm lucky in that I don't have a sweet tooth and I've never cared for junk food in general. I gained over 100 pounds on my 5'11" frame, putting me at my highest weight of 247lbs.

I worked really hard to lose 50 pounds and was down at 197lbs for several years, going between 195-199. Then I got really discouraged with my plateau and wasn't ready to commit to the training and lifestyle needed to get back to my pre-pregnancy body. I gained again, back up to 220lbs. Again, I wasn't eating poorly, just a lot and not exercising.

I went up and down between 200-220 over the next few years following that, winter bulking, summer shedding, just from different eating habits due to the season... I don't tolerate cold very well and tend to eat a lot during the winter. In October of this year, I was around 220 again, and my daughter went to her father's for his share of joint custody and I felt like I was ready to commit to changing my body.

I went on a supervised VLC low carb, high fat diet, and began working out 5x a week for 2-3 hours a day. I found clen to help with my exercise-induced asthma and found that it helped me go from walking to the elliptical for my cardio. When I got down to 200, since I was on a VLCD, I decided to try HCG injections as well. I did a cycle and dropped about 15 pounds, to 185, and 95% of it was body fat (by measurement).

Feeling super motivated, having dropped several pants sizes, I pushed another 13 pounds off without Clen and HCG. So now I'm 172lbs, 24% BF, down from 247lbs and 36% BF.

However, I've been here for over a month. I'm no longer at any sort of unhealthy state, but it's time to come off my VLCD (nutritionist is MIA) and I am worried about scaling up improperly. On top of that, I'd like to come down to 15-16% BF with a weight of 135-141lbs.

Of course, like anyone else, I'd love to be at my goal in 3 months, but hey, I'm not unrealistic. My ultimate goal time, I think, is March of next year.

Also, if giving advice on nutrition, I'm lactose-intolerant and I'm highly sensitive. The only cheese I've been able to tolerate is a really dry, aged parmesan. I can crush up lactaid pills into cream cheese, sour cream, yogurt, ricotta and cottage cheese (anything creamy/liquid really). I don't drink cow's milk, because I don't like it, lactaid or not. I also have an allergy to a protein in wheat. I prefer fish to other meats, but I will eat chicken once a week or so. And I have a slight allergy to corn, so I tend to avoid it.

My typical weekday (taken from yesterday's log):

5:45 AM - Green Tea (nothing added)

6:00 AM - Walk Dog; ~4 mile walk, 3.5/miles per hour

7:30 AM - Breakfast: 170 kcal, 7g protein, 14g fat, 1g carb
2 Egg Whites, Medium, Cooked - 30 kcal, 6g protein
60g Spinach, Cooked - 14 kcal, 1g carb, 2g protein
40g Rapini, Cooked - 9 kcal, 1g protein
1 tbs Coconut Oil, Melted - 117 kcal, 14g fat

8:30 AM - Workout:
2 minute warm-up walking, 1 minute sprint, 2 minute cool down walking
Stretch
Weight Machine/Free weights circuit on target body group for 50min
Stretch
Shower

9:45 AM - Snack: 133 kcal, 10g protein, 8g fat, 2g carb
(1 protein biscuit, home made):
1 tbs soy-free vegetable protein powder - 25 kcal, 5.5g protein
1 Egg White, Medium, 15 kcal, 3g protein
.5 tbs Coconut Oil, Melted, 58 kcal, 7g fat
1 tbs Coconut Flour, 31 kcal, 1.5g carb, .75g fat, 1.75g protein
1 tbs Coconut Almond Milk, Unsweetened, 3 kcal
.5 tsp Baking Powder, 0 kcal
1 raspberry, 1 kcal
Water as needed

10:00 AM - 6:00 PM (work, seated, some walking around w/ stairs)

6:30 PM - Dinner: 270 kcal, 28g protein, 3.5g carb, 14g fat
4 oz Smoked Salmon, 140 kcal, 26g protein, 5g fat
1 Sheet of Nori, 10 kcal, 1g carb, 1g protein
40g avocado, cubed - 67 kcal, 6g fat, .5g carb, ~1g protein
1 tbs lactose-free Neufchatel - 40 kcal, 3g fat, 1g carb
1 tsp wasabi powder - 10kcal, .5g carb
50g Kelp Noodles - 3 kcal, .5g carb

7:00 PM - Walk Dog; ~4 mile walk, 3.5/miles per hour

8:30 PM - Bedtime Tea (nothing added)

10:00PM - Sleepy Time!

Daily total in: 573 kcal, 43g protein, 36g fat, 6.5g carb
Current Supplements: Vitamin D3 (6,000 IU/day), L-Carnitine (2,200 mg/day), Indole-3-Carbinol (300 mg/day), 1 a day women's

I was also considering doing another clen cycle, possibly with t3, or another round of HCG, since I'm already on the VLCD, but I think I really need to come off it.

Thanks!

Cher

Is that your average daily intake for the last several months?? How do you feel? Have you had any breaks?

Just to clarify...the goal is to come off the VLCD and then continue with weight/ fat loss?

Welcome to EF too. :)

Is that your average daily intake for the last several months?? How do you feel? Have you had any breaks?

Just to clarify...the goal is to come off the VLCD and then continue with weight/ fat loss?

Welcome to EF too. :)

Yes, I've been on it for 5 months continuously, without breaks. I actually feel good, lots of energy, I have always eaten less than other people, I think I might have an efficient metabolism... and the BF doesn't really help that.

Yes, that's my goal... unless it's better to stay on it until I reach a better weight? I just figure VLCD is not generally for people of a healthy weight, which I am now. However, I do still have ~40 lbs of fat to lose, so I'm not really sure. With my nutritionist gone with the wind, I haven't really had anyone else to ask.

I am personally not a fan of VLCD unless it is for short periods of time. I think they can do a lot of damage to our hormone levels and overall metabolism. What usually happens is your body slows down and you will end up stuck and the only way to go is where? reduce calories more??
If you are looking to come off of it and return to a more normal eating pattern, I'd try to do a reverse diet where each week you slowly bump up your calorie count. I'd try doing it slowly though, so maybe 100 calories a week or start with 50 and see what you're comfortable with. You want to try to avoid a sudden jump in weight/ bloating etc.

I am personally not a fan of VLCD unless it is for short periods of time. I think they can do a lot of damage to our hormone levels and overall metabolism. What usually happens is your body slows down and you will end up stuck and the only way to go is where? reduce calories more??
If you are looking to come off of it and return to a more normal eating pattern, I'd try to do a reverse diet where each week you slowly bump up your calorie count. I'd try doing it slowly though, so maybe 100 calories a week or start with 50 and see what you're comfortable with. You want to try to avoid a sudden jump in weight/ bloating etc.

Yea, I agree, which is why I've been wanting to come off of it. (But safely and without gaining a bunch of weight.)

As for supplements, is there anything I should be taking that I'm not to help me achieve my goals?

I think you need to be prepared for a couple of months of allowing your body to adjust. You will likely gain some weight initially. Carbs retain water so if you increase carbs, you'll be holding more water. That's why I'd do it slowly. With any diet change, it takes 2-3 weeks to adjust and get your body functioning more efficiently and I think you'll likely go through that every time you increase calories.

Supps...I'm not sure really what else to recommend. I'm a big fan of Omega's.

Anyone with any advice?

Here's my evaluation, you have to take a good long look at yourself your metabolism has slowed alot esp at the weight you gained, loosing weight thru diet is a good start however it does nothing to boost your metabolism, sure walking the family pet helps some, but you really need to break those boundaries and really start pouring gas on the fire, you can do this by incoporating supersets into your training program, also Jumping rope,15min sets of full out springs with a cooling down peroid all of this will raise your metabolism so your body becomes a fat burning machine and you will start burning fat all day long, providing your diet stays spot on.
Welcome to elite.....

RADAR

Top Bottom