Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight is down, losing muscle...HELP PLEASE!

Eittod

Hi Everyone,

I am a 52 year old female. I reached my goal weight of 107 ( I am five feet plus two inches tall). I went from 168 lbs. last June to my current weight of 107 lbs. with A LOT of effort and discipline for most of the weight loss. The last 15 or so pounds were loss due to extreme mental and physical stress. However, I did gain some muscle too. This was over a five week period; ;that ended on April 7th of this year; and I was out of state. I have been back home, arrived at 105 lbs and looking/feeling complete exhaustion.
Anyway, I have been back in my home state and at home for four months and have not exercised, for fear of losing more weight. I have not gained any weight, except back and forth fluctuations between 105 lbs and 112 lbs. Now, I am LOSING any and all of my muscle that I did gain!!!
I need to gain muscle weight, for sure for sure. I have muscle atrophy, especially in my buttocks, arms, and stomach.
Does ANYONE have any advice for me on how to get started with free weights only to gain muscle weight without gaining fat weight? Diet? Exercises needed to build muscle weight. Like I said I don't have any buttock tissue and when I sit, it is directly on my tailbone, as it protrudes. My buttocks are wrinkly, and hanging down skin.
PLEASE help me.

Warmly,
Dottie

Welcome to Ef!

You need to get back in the gym! Any and all weight lifting! There is no wrong exercise for gaining muscle. I'd also suggest giving up an idea of what you eat in a day but you need to ensure you're getting enough calories and enough protein. You won't build muscle without the proper nutrition.

If you keep your nutrition on point you can manage your weight. Not exercising for fear of losing more weight is not a great way to go. We need to exercise and lift weights for soooo many reasons.

You have to hit the weights, but most of all you have to eat that's the most important thing. Heavy wts, cardio (get a trainer for sure). Hope your feeling better

You mentioned you had become somewhat inactive after achieving your goal. To me that was not right from you. You should have continued with the exercise along with the normal diet.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I really appreciate it. I have started strength training again with dumbbells. I am only walking for cardio as cardio does cause me to lose weight, and I don't want that. I am attaching pics of me so everyone can have a visual. I definitely agree with all of you, in that I should have never stopped exercising. I would LOVE to get a PT; however I am not able to do that right now. I am researching a lot online and have a fourth edition ACE PT manual and accompanying book. I will be studying these to educate myself. Would any of you be willing to look at my pics and advise me on what the best work out is to gain a butt? I know squats are good and lunges. Any others please? Thank you again everyone!!! I appreciate you guys.
dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

Warmly,
Dottie

Rdl, deadlift, especially sumo deadlift, I like side lunges for glute work. Also hip raises(or hip bridges? Not sure the technical name for it), and isolation movements like donkey kicks, and that machine you sit in and spread your legs apart. Not sure how well that leg spread machine works though. I'd start with the compound movements and then add some isolation at the end of the work out, what do you think Caligirl?

Top Bottom