Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

use of progestin only bc pills?

rx123

anyone use these or the injections? my gf has been training religiously and eating a super clean diet for the last month with not much results...she seems bloated ever since starting a new bc (mircette) it has a lower dose of estrogen than the others but it doesnt seem to matter.....anyone use the progestin only pill or injection? any benefits since it's lacking the estrogen component?

Hmmm, not much concrete evidence to give ya, but it is - unfortunately, oh so unfortunately - completely normal to gain weight when going on the pill.

Has she only just started training?

As for the bloating, I got three words for ya: Water, water, and water. ;)

she drinks almost a gallon per day.....will the bloat lessen after a few months on the pill? do you know anything about the progestin only pills? she has always been athletic, and been training on and of for the previous six months....but is now very serious about obtaining her goal weight and bf%

Hmmm, as far as bloating goes, I have never been on a progestin-only pill but have been on very low-estrogen ones, and I found that I was bloated and gained weight over the first three months. (Of course, I also ate like a crazed gorilla.) After that, my weight settled down pretty quickly and without any effort on my part. We're talking a ten or fifteen pound range, here, too.

If she's changed her diet - that is to say, if her superclean eating has been a change for her, even a fairly small one, I think - the bloating could just be her body trying to get used to the new foods. I find I get bloated easily at the beginning of a high-protein diet or if I am ingesting more raw foods than I am accustomed to. I don't know why that is....

Other than that, I am stumped! Maybe someone else can give it a go! :)

Yasmin is a BC pill that is "supposed" to not cause weight gain. I don't have personal experience though. You can probably look it up on the net.:)

Top Bottom