Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prepping for 1st bikini comp

svalde808

Hey there!

So I'm 12 weeks out from my July bikini comp. I'm not seeing the fat loss I was hoping to have at this point and I honestly feel like I've lost a good amount of muscle mass on top of that 👎🏼! I'm consistent in the gym, I work with a bikini comp trainer 2-3x per week. I'm at about 1600 cal with a refeed day of 1992 cal every 4th day. I do 2 days HIIT cardio sessions and 2 steady state cardio days for 45 min. Lift 5x per week. I follow my macros to a T and count micro nutrients so my diet is super clean. No cheat meals up to this point and I started prep at 16 weeks out. I'm 28 and a mom of 2 if that accounts for anything as well.

With that in mind I'm going to start a anavar and t4 cycle (I would opt for t3 but as I already have t4 in hand I am going to use that up). I'll be doing 10mg of anavar (5mg am and 5mg pm) and probably 150mcg of t4 (I'll start there and test how my body reacts then up if needed). This is my first time taking anything stronger than just a thermogenic so any advice on how to is greatly appreciated.

I'll post pics as I go along to update you all but please feel free and advice is MUCH appreciated! View attachment 139403

Last edited:
Before I go off and give you too much advice, is your trainer doing your whole program? What are your macros? And....is someone telling you to use var/ T4 or self-decision??

It'll help me guide what I suggest. :)

Before I go off and give you too much advice, is your trainer doing your whole program? What are your macros? And....is someone telling you to use var/ T4 or self-decision??

It'll help me guide what I suggest. :)

@caligirl85 my macros on regular days are 140c/150p/47f and refeed days are 240/135/55.
This is self decision not from my coach. I'm just not to happy with the slow progress so far and would like to give it a little boost.
I have a trainer (figure pro and former bikini pro) doing my entire 16 week program.

One of the things I was always told when I was competing is that you have to be patient. 4 weeks in is not very long and 12 weeks is a long time. A lot can change in that time. Just to keep that in mind....

If you do go ahead with the cycle, I would be upfront with the coach because it will change your measurements. Lots of women gain weight on var. It will impact what the coach does in terms of making changes to food/ macros etc especially if they don't know. Another thing you could do is stretch out time between refeeds but again....it comes down to patience. It's really hard not to want to see results fast but if you lose too much, too quickly and peak too soon, it can be quite difficult as well.

@caligirl thank you! I will def let her know if I do decide to cycle them. I'm still on the fence. I just don't want to wait to long to decide and then be so close to show date that if I feel I need it it will be to late to make much of a difference and I go in too soft. 😕

Top Bottom