Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my abs don't get sore anymore

miss b

any advise how to make the abs sore again? i can do crunches all day long, with weights or without. i do feel a burn but it's gone when i'm done with the exercise.
how many times per week should i do abs?

I'd say it's time to switch it up! I know my gym has a ton of equipment for working abs...try using some resistance machines and then you can add weight as needed. I do abs 3x a week personally.

abs, like any other muscle should not be trained too often
2-3 times a week is enough

to make your abs sore again you have to try another movement

I do abs 2x week. Mine don't get sore very often afterwards either, even though they burn like hell during.

This week though, I did decline situps (which I haven't done in awhile) and they are SWEET sore! :D

I've also been practicing "stomach vacuums" (read about in last month's Muscle & Fitness) - you exhale all your air and then contract your abs, imagining you're trying to touch your navel to your spine and hold it. It's hard work and I've really noticed improvement in definition.

Train abs 1-2 times a week and hit them hard..pick 3 exercises and superset..resting little in between..try doing different exercises all the time...You dont have to be sore..if they are not that doesnt mean they didnt get a good workout!

I train abs twice a week, and same thing, I feel a burn but rarely get sore. The one exercise that I love and always gets my lower abs sore is "plyo leg raises". Same movement as straight leg raises, lie flat on the floor in supine position, grasp partners ankles, point toes, contract abs and pull legs up like you are going to kick your partner. The partner pushes your feet towards the ground, not too hard. You try to keep your feet from hitting the ground, and pull your legs back up as fast as possible. Try 3 sets of 20, alternating with your partner. If you've never done these you will be sore the next day.

Top Bottom