Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I bought my first gym membership!!

Waka

Today I finally worked up the courage to buying my own gym membership... it's a little over $30 usd a month... I'm not sure if thats good or bad, but the gym has an amazing amount of choices for machines! :) It's nothing like the highschool's, when I went to public school. They were very nice people and told me about the classes they offered.. like hip hop cardio, body conditioning classes, ect.. and said they would help me with my goals.

Anyway, I'm psyched!! I'd like to start a log going on here, but I dunno where to even begin. I havent gotten my BF tested yet. And to be honest, I probably looked really confused at the gym.. most of those machines i've never even seen before! lol ;)

just thought i'd share this :)

Waka said:
Today I finally worked up the courage to buying my own gym membership... it's a little over $30 usd a month... I'm not sure if thats good or bad, but the gym has an amazing amount of choices for machines! :) It's nothing like the highschool's, when I went to public school. They were very nice people and told me about the classes they offered.. like hip hop cardio, body conditioning classes, ect.. and said they would help me with my goals.

Anyway, I'm psyched!! I'd like to start a log going on here, but I dunno where to even begin. I havent gotten my BF tested yet. And to be honest, I probably looked really confused at the gym.. most of those machines i've never even seen before! lol ;)

just thought i'd share this :)
:arty: Welcome to EF!!!

:jump: Ohhh honey I know exactly how you feel!!! I bought my first membership in March of this year and it's worth every penny I'm spending!!
Just go for it and don't look back.

Read the stickies at the top of the forum and it will help guide you on the basic information to put in your posts (age, ht, wt, etc etc) you know, all the fun stuff we're gonna ask you anyway ;)

Congrats! $30/month is a good rate, esp if you have lots of great equipment. With the membership they should have an orientation for people new to the equipment where one of their trainers takes you around. You could at least ask about it - this is usually their chance to start soliciting you for training sessions - you don't need to do it or feel pressured to do it - but its nice to get that intro to the eqipment if its all new to you.

After you start going regularly you start to get to know the people who tend to come at the same time -- just sort of fun, commeraderie.

Check the stickies for some good exercise links too!

Sassy69 said:
Congrats! $30/month is a good rate, esp if you have lots of great equipment. With the membership they should have an orientation for people new to the equipment where one of their trainers takes you around. You could at least ask about it - this is usually their chance to start soliciting you for training sessions - you don't need to do it or feel pressured to do it - but its nice to get that intro to the eqipment if its all new to you.

After you start going regularly you start to get to know the people who tend to come at the same time -- just sort of fun, commeraderie.

Check the stickies for some good exercise links too!

Oh there is. I am going on an orientation on monday. ;) anyway thank you! I am going to be looking around these boards..

Yeah Waka.

If you need any help on training, please ask me anything you like. I usually have a tip or two for each exercise. Sassy is amazing on training and other aspects of health.....Everybody here is fantastic.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. Congratulations!

Hi Waka!! Your monthly dues for your gym is a good price - especially if they offer classes..... I pay $35 a month with no good classes offered.....

Don't be afraid to ask for help!!

Here's a site that may help you with some exercises, ie knowing what they are, etc:

http://www.e-weightloss-fitness.com/resources.shtml

most gyms have trainers and some offer a free session when you frist join. ask about it at the desk and see if you can set up a session for instruction on the machines. great job joining the gym! sounds like a pretty decent price to. if this is not available, look at the brand name of the machine, and try and find the website. some companies have instructions on how to use their machines. also, ask other members if you are not sure. that is a great way to strike up conversation and who knows, could lead to a training buddy. good luck and keep us up to date on how things are going!

Top Bottom