Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help! New To This!

Chezza1986

Hi, my bf recommend I wrote on here for the best help/advice so here goes! I'm 27, mother of 3, my youngest is 8 weeks old and my body hasn't gone back how I would of liked it to this time! I don't want to lose weight just tighten everything and stop it from wobbling! I have just started a work out regime using a DVD at home to get me started as I've never been to a gym before! It's an 1 hour and half long and works my whole body using light weights and resistant straps.
My stats are as follows:
Weight; 51kg
Bust; 34 inches
Waist; 27 inches
Hips; 37 inches
Thighs; 21 inches
Biceps; 10 inches
Many thanks in advance xxx

When I had my son I was 19. It took me nearly a year for my body to get back to where it was pre-pregnancy so not being at your baseline two months after giving birth says you're being a little impatient.

I say stay with what you're doing currently and reassess in another two to four months.

You haven't told us what your diet is, if you're breastfeeding, how often you're working out just that you want to "tone". So I'll tell you cut out junk, avoid soda, sugar and refined carbs, eat more green veggies and protein and shoot for a minimum of 30 minutes to an hour a day of exercise five days a week doing something you enjoy enough that you will keep doing it.

Take it as I'm saying it, dear (and I'm old enough to be your mother, so it's said with the best of intentions and nothing more than being realistic). With three kids at your age you've put your body through some very dramatic changes over a relatively short amount of time. It's going to take longer to recover and honestly, after three kids, you may never get your figure back to where it was before your first kid. It's the price we pay for the gift of our children :whatever:

I don't think I'm impatient, I jay wanna get started on getting back into shape! I was very lucky with my last two as I naturally went back to how I was within a month!! I am not breast feeding, nor do I eat "junk" I do not drink any kind of soda/ fizzy. I eat a balanced diet, my 5 a day etc. I think anyone can get there pre pregnancy body back if they work at it hard enough I just need a point in the right direction of how to get started as I have not done anything like this before xxx

I think for what you want your best bet would be a face to face consultation with a trainer/nutritionist at a gym. You get an introduction to the gym and if you find one with a daycare you have some guilt free "me time".

The thing is, I'm betting if your boyfriend recommended this board to you he knows the basics of working out and nutrition and he could be offering useful suggestions. Plus there are stickies at the top of this forum, the diet forum and the weight training forum you could start from those points.

What I'm hearing you say is "I've never had this problem before but I'm eating right and exercising what am I doing wrong?" and the only way that can really be fixed in if someone really sits you down and examines what you eat, how much you eat calorically and in macros, and how much and what kind of resistance training and cardio you're doing. A face to face consultation would take a fraction of the time doing that on this board would and they could address the specific concerns you have. If you've never set foot in a gym it's a good idea to work with a trainer at least in the beginning.

Top Bottom