Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When the Dumbbells aren't heavy enough...

melochai

What do you guys do when your gym's Dumbbells aren't heavy enough anymore?

I am slowly starting to accept getting older and trying to take better care of my joints, ligaments and tendons. It was brought to my attention that the free range of motion provided by dumbbells would most likely help me with the pain that I am starting to find. The problem is that the gym I useand a lot of others I suspect, has their dumbbells topping out at 100lbs. The only thing I know to do is pre exhaust my chest with flyes/crossovers and then slow the reps way down with the presses. I'm sure there will still be The occasional heavy barely workout too but still....What do you all think/recommend?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EliteFitness

Talk to management. I am a long time member of my gym and they value my business, so I asked politely if they could get some 120 pounders for the stronger guys and they obliged. It makes them money, they shouldn't have a problem with it.

Switching isn't really an option.

Maybe i can get them to get heavier Ones. I have my own personal 120s (ironmaster adjustable ) , i don't really like carrying them to the gym though. I have and its a pain in the buttocks. just have to get over it i suppose, lol

Pre exhaust your chest before do the pushing exercises. Pec flys, dips, etc. Start with incline db presses then do flat. Always do higher reps with barbell & avoid heavier weight with it

Sent from my DROID3 using EliteFitness

You could always get the plate loaded dbs.. I love those..

My gym has 160lbs, anything less is just inexcusable......

I agree. I just live in a fairly rural area so you kind of have to make the best of what you got. The owner is a friend so maybe he will listen to my request. He still has to run a business and its just getting started up...
Doesn't helps that he is a small guy and the 100s are plenty for him. LOL

Top Bottom