What muscle groups are best to workout together?

Posted: 18-Apr-2010 11:22 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about What muscle groups are best to workout together? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I'm looking for a good workout that helps with gaining mass. Here's my current workout routine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Mon. - Heavy Chest Tues. - Bis/Tris Wed. - Off Thurs. - Back, Shoulders Fri.- Light Chest/Bis/Tris Sat. - Off Sun.- Legs...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 18-Apr-2010, 11:22 PM   #1

I'm looking for a good workout that helps with gaining mass. Here's my current workout routine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mon. - Heavy Chest
Tues. - Bis/Tris
Wed. - Off
Thurs. - Back, Shoulders
Fri.- Light Chest/Bis/Tris
Sat. - Off
Sun.- Legs
Gallery of JwhiteC07  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: What muscle groups are best to workout together?

Old 19-Apr-2010, 02:54 AM   #2

Since I started doing Bi's with Chest and Tri's with Back, I'll never go back!
Gallery of needmassnow  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 19-Apr-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
United States
food makes you gain mass...
but to stimulate overall muscular development use more heavy compound lifts...
2 days of arm and chest work and only 1 day of legs isnt really optimal imo...
Gallery of moya  

Old 19-Apr-2010, 06:00 AM   #4

Try the OMEGA Pamphlet at www.OmegaBodyBuilding.com
Gallery of OMEGA  

Old 19-Apr-2010, 08:08 AM   #5

Quote posted by JwhiteC07 View Post
I'm looking for a good workout that helps with gaining mass. Here's my current workout routine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mon. - Heavy Chest
Tues. - Bis/Tris
Wed. - Off
Thurs. - Back, Shoulders
Sat. - Off
Sun.- Legs
Never do two big body parts together, you won't be able
to get optimal results.

The body part you do first will get hit better then the second, so when
doing bigger body parts you want to be able to hit them hard.

Won't be able to that doing shoulders, and back together!
One will get more attention then the other.
Gallery of ledhead  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 19-Apr-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Australia
Quote posted by JwhiteC07 View Post

Mon. - Heavy Chest
Tues. - Bis/Tris
Wed. - Off
Thurs. - Back, Shoulders
Sat. - Off
Sun.- Legs
train eahc muscle group heavy ONCE a week, NOT twice a week,

dont put triceps after chest day

dont put biceps after back day

dont put legs before chest day

put ur chest, back and legs on their own seperate days

train triceps with either ur back or shoulders

train biceps with ur shoulders or chest
Gallery of thatbloke  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 19-Apr-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
United Kingdom
I say do WHOLE BODY workouts every day.

Like the 5x5: squat, bench, row / front squat, standing press, chins

or oly lifts and strength: snatch, squat, dip / clean, press, snatch-grip dead / jerk, front squat, pend row

rarely go to failure, and alternate lighter days/exercises with higher intensity.

For example, maybe have a workout with a very stressful squat session which leave your legs sore and you just run through the motions on the bench and row, then the next day/workout, do a moderate weight for squatting, and then beat the out of your chest and lats.

Idea behind this is:

You can hit the whole body 3-5 times a week without overtraining - as opposed to just once a week if you're doing a normal split where you do say 5 leg exercises and are then super sore for 3-5 days. This means you build up 150-250 workouts for each muscle group a year as opposed to just 50. In the workouts where you use a moderate weight, you can work on form and flush the muscle with blood (and nutrients) and develop the neuromuscular skill and flexibility. You heal up faster and increase metabolism with daily whole body workouts.

Take of days when you feel blown out or just do 20mins cardio and stretching to promote healing.
Gallery of musketeer  

Old 12-Feb-2013, 07:02 PM   #8

Where are the ab workouts?
Gallery of Cin_n  

Old 12-Feb-2013, 07:25 PM   #9

Sunday - thighs and calves
Monday - delts and abs
Tuesday - arms
Thursday - back and calves
Friday or Saturday - chest and abs

This has been the best split for me. Have tried many and this one I have used for about 15 years. Allows plenty of recovery and enough rest between pushing / pulling exercises.
Gallery of saleen556  

Old 22-Feb-2013, 07:28 PM   #10

I never do bis with tris but back and bis together and tris and chest together
Gallery of c-monster  

Tags - Keywords
workout routine