Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Suggestions please

Anthony1980

Im not getting any progress in my arms, bis or tris! Im busting my ass with chest and back. Could i possibly wearing my arms out with all the pushing and pulling? A trainer suggested i do something like this....
Mon: Chest
Tues:Back/shoulders
Wed:Legs
Thurs: arms
Off fri sat sun

I lost the ability to have wed off and workout on fri due to family. (No babysitter)

Arms being on a day by themselves.
What do you think?

Sent from my DROID X2 using EliteFitness

Put shoulders on chest day so you tris have time to recover before arms day. Give me your stats and a thorough review of your diet.

Lets see..... 6' 209lbs 32 yrs old. Not sure on fat %. Having trouble with some belly fat still.

Meal 1 oatmeal 3-4 eggs cottage cheese or greek yogurt and cup of 2% milk
Meal 2 almonds or 1cup whole grain cheerios and whey protein
Meal 3 2 pouch tuna and low sodium soups
Meal 4 protien bar
Workout
Meal 5 banana and whey protein
Meal 6 unfortunately i don't cook dinner so i just watch portions of what's made. (My aunt cooks)
Some times depending on when i go to bed, if im hungry again
A handful of almonds or a couple of spoonfuls of natural no sugar added apple sauce.

Heres what I would do...any lagging bodypart should be prioritized so its good that you dedicate a full day to arms. Perhaps try this:

Monday: Back/Bis
Tuesday: Chest/Tris
Wed: legs
Thurs: Shoulders
Fri: Off
Sat : arms

heres why... as an ancillary effect of doing back, your bis are stimulated so why not take it a bit further and hit them..more volume( higher reps )..this holds true with tris on chest day. Personally the way I train back it is not physically possible to do a larger muscle group like shoulders after. Additionally, if you deadlift, doing heavy legs the next day will be taxing to say the least. If you have the ability to take Fri off I would 5 days in a row is a bit much for proper recouperation. By doing arms fresh on Sat for example, you can hit them with additional intensity and still have the next day off. This workout allows you to hit arms 2 times per week which should kick start them into a new growth cycle. Hope this helps.

Thanks but heres my problem. The wife works sat and sun so i need to be here with the baby and now she's working fri as well so thats out. I have a mon-thurs window. Trying to do the best i can with that. I know it sucks but that's what i have to work with.

Instead of messing around with the days you hit what muscle.
Why don't you adjust the rep range increase the volume.

Why don't you throw in something like.

FST-7 barbell curls

So that's 12 reps 30 seconds rest 7 sets. Before continuing on to the rest of your arm workout and again the same when you hit triceps.

I went through about 11 weeks of a varied version of P.H.A.T. (Power hypertrophy adaptive training)

I got leaner, bigger and more developed over that time and strength increased even though this was my pre contest prep. (Going to be my first comp until shoulder injury)
Trained 7 days a week as a natural.
Needless to say I dot recommend 7 days a week natural --- hence my shoulder injury which put me out for 8 weeks.

VOLUME = LEAN MASS

Time under tension my friend.

30-45second sets will create good hypertrophy

Top Bottom