Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

St. Pierre vs. Serra

the_alcatraz

Head Mod
Elite Moderator
Who will get the floor wiped with him?
Who's watchin it this saturday?
Who's excited?
Who's bettin?

Discuss.

STP is just too skilled.

Plus Serra always attempts that lame ass spinning backhand all the time. Just because that move worked ON him and got his ass KTFO, doesn't mean his midget arms are going to be able to utilize it on anyone else.

Serra is definately considered the underdog, but many are sayin that Serra will beat St.Pierre to the ground....he's bigger and overall stronger.

Here's some info on the fight:

Georges St-Pierre ready to take on an army at UFC 83

The Canadian mixed martial artist won't be unprepared this time for his re-match with UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra.

At UFC 69, Canadian mixed-martial artist Georges St-Pierre said he lost his UFC welterweight championship belt to Matt Serra because he didn't properly prepare for the fight.

For his re-match with Serra at UFC 83 in Montreal on April 19th, St-Pierre said at Thursday's media conference, "I trained for an army, not a single person. If an army can't break me, one man can never do it. I've never been so prepared in my life."

Despite the fact that Serra convincingly defeated St-Pierre by technical knockout at 3:25 in the first round of their first match-up, St-Pierre is still considered the heavy favourite for Serra's title defence in the first UFC event ever held in Canada.

"I think it's obvious that I'm a huge underdog," said Serra. "I mean, not as huge as last time, but people are saying that based on his last two performances."

Serra is referring to St-Pierre's unanimous decision over Josh Koscheck at UFC 74 and submission of Matt Hughes at UFC 79. Those two victories re-confirmed St-Pierre's status as one of the most well-rounded and dangerous mixed martial artists in any weight class.

With the April 19th event taking place in St-Pierre's home province, it's not hard to predict how the audience will greet the two main event fighters.

"I don't expect to really get cheered walking out, but it's not a problem, man," said Serra. "I think I'll finally understand how Tim Sylvia feels when he fights anywhere. I've had my trainers booing on a regular basis so I think I'll be prepared."

St-Pierre is understandably pumped about fighting close to home in front of a loyal fanbase.

"Montreal has always been a fighting town," said St-Pierre. "Boxing is very popular, and so is pro wrestling and UFC. When I'm fighting in Vegas, you see a lot of Canadians there to watch the fight and support me. And now that UFC has come to Montreal, they're happy that they're going to see me fight here."

Besides training harder than ever before, St-Pierre has used some legendary literature to get him in the right mindset for next week's battle.

"I read a book called Art of War by Sun Tzu and he said that war is won by momentum," said St-Pierre. "Matt is coming off an injury and I'm coming off of two straight victories so I think I have the momentum going into this fight."

After all the posturing, St-Pierre made perhaps the most intriguing comment with his last statement at Thursday's conference when he answered a question about potentially moving up in weight to fight UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva - widely considered to be the best pound-for-pound mixed martial artist in the world.

"I've been thinking about it. It's going to depend on the scenario," said St-Pierre. "I have a lot of training partners at 185 (pounds) and I would never fight somebody I train with. But if I ever have the opportunity, and I did everything I had to do at my division, then of course I would love to fight him."

A lot of hype for this fight in Montreal. Sold out in 20 mins. Largest crowd ever for UFC event. Local guy helps.

CMarc said:
A lot of hype for this fight in Montreal. Sold out in 20 mins. Largest crowd ever for UFC event. Local guy helps.

He's definately a favorite my canadian brother.

Mike Tyson or Scott Steiner would make bitches out of any UFC fighters.

We have tickets for tomorrow. Almost sold my tix cause of the Habs game tomorrow but fuck it I'm still going. St-Pierre will pwn Serra.

Top Bottom